Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please sum up all discover dislike in this thread

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: please sum up all discover dislike in this thread

@juggalo9er wrote:
Keeping in mind I work third I did use discover until the cash back never credited correctly. .. the 11 by became a joke just like the card

Wouldn't it have been easier to just close the card much earlier on if they were giving you all sorts of problems then or pretend you don't even have one? It probably would have saved you a lot of fuss.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 61 of 195
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is one thing which i don't think was mentioned: I dislike the fact that Discover doesn't have a variety of products. It is the reason I never applied for their It card. 

With chase for example, you get the Freedom to build a relationship with the bank, and then you have the option to get sapphire, hyatt, southwest etc. 

Similar situation with citi, amex etc. 

With Discover, you get the It, then you have the It. End of the line. 

Message 62 of 195
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my experience, Discover seem to like customers with short credit history and clean record. I got approved fot Discover It when I only had 3 months of credit history (I didn't even have a FICO back then). Initial limit was $1500. Last month, played with the luv button and got a $1500 CLI (hit six months mark). Discover is definitely not my everyday card, but its discover deals is one of its biggest competitive advantages. (5% cash back for any Apple products? I am in!) For me so far, I like them. I will try to get my Discover CL upto $5000 when it hits one year mark.

Message 63 of 195
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is one thing which i don't think was mentioned: I dislike the fact that Discover doesn't have a variety of products. It is the reason I never applied for their It card. 

With chase for example, you get the Freedom to build a relationship with the bank, and then you have the option to get sapphire, hyatt, southwest etc. 

Similar situation with citi, amex etc. 

With Discover, you get the It, then you have the It. End of the line. 

That just about covers it®

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 64 of 195
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
Besides the $15 ShopDiscover still owes me, there's nothing I particularly hate about the card.

I do hate how people refer to it as the IT card when nowhere on the website indicates it should be capitalized. Discovery is another pet-peeve, as is the wrong use of their/they're/there. I'll leave my thoughts their...

It's actually the "it" (lowercase), which feels like the setup to an Abbott and Costello routine.

Message 65 of 195
kdm31091
Super Contributor

They could have more variety in cards Yea, but you don't get the Freedom in hopes of building a relationship. You get it if it benefits you IMO. Worrying about a "relationship" is a waste of time because you can be cut off anytime for any reason. We are all just a number. One of many many many cardholders. Show a good history yes, but Don't just get a card because you want a different card. Get your score where it needs to be and apply for what you actually want.
Message 66 of 195
Lyythine
Established Contributor

I dont have a discover card, therefore, I have nothing to add to this conversation other than a recurring $11 bank transfer, for whatever reason, is just silly.  

Message 67 of 195
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lyythine wrote:

I dont have a discover card, therefore, I have nothing to add to this conversation other than a recurring $11 bank transfer, for whatever reason, is just silly.  

@Lyythine,

Agreed.  Imagine if we all start a thread of what we dislike about each CCC, the forum will be something else as we all have our dislikes for CCCs.  Sometimes, it is best to just move on to better things.

Message 68 of 195
Lyythine
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lyythine wrote:

@Lyythine,

Agreed.  Imagine if we all start a thread of what we dislike about each CCC, the forum will be something else as we all have our dislikes for CCCs.  Sometimes, it is best to just move on to better things.

Oh I could go on for days about my sincere dislike of Bank of America - Perhaps there should be an "airing of grievances" sub-thread a la Festivus style.  "I got a lot of problems with you people, and now youre going to hear about it."  Smiley Wink  I'll bring the pole!

Message 69 of 195
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lyythine wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lyythine wrote:

@Lyythine,

Oh I could go on for days about my sincere dislike of Bank of America - Perhaps there should be an "airing of grievances" sub-thread a la Festivus style.  "I got a lot of problems with you people, and now youre going to hear about it."  Smiley Wink  I'll bring the pole!

Ha..ha.. I am with you on that one.  I dislike BOA with a passion.  I second that - CCC grievances thread.

Message 70 of 195
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.