Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions about Amex PRG

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: questions about Amex PRG

"All of your questions should have been part of your research prior to applying .Don't just respond to offers".

Like i said i have been very clear about my needs as for as prg is concerned. i need 50000k points and a free trip to ny. this is the main reason. but i dont need the card with its af in the long run. i dont have any confusion about this.  my questions were more about maximizing what i can get from the card while i have it and infact the offer is perfect because i needed the benefits it offers right now. As far as mr points for purchases are concerned i can always go for everyday card without annual fee. but everyday currently did not give me an offer of 50000k.  i needed to learn how best to preserve that 50000k when the time comes to close the prg , if i can simply transfer it to another card or use it . my trip plans dont have a concrete date but  its shaping up. As for as serve is concerned , i knew i will be meeting the minimumspend of 1000$ one way or the other.  serve was another option i was not very aware of. but it was optional and i was interested in knowing more about it. i pay my rent utility etc etc using cash back rewards cards. only car loan i couldnt. so i was curious if there was a way to get rewards for paying my car loan installment.   also air line fee ticket reimbursment is also an option which i am interested in . These things i genuinely want to learn about . i will surely look into the threads you mentioned .Thanks for your feedback Smiley Happy  If i need a travel card in future which i intend to keep in the long run i  probably will go for vetnure one.

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your MR points will grow with the PRG better than with the ED card, plus, it has more benefits. Also, if you plan to PIF all the time, might as well just stay with the PRG. Gas, restaurants and supermarkets get 2x points.

Lastly, always remember, points bonuses on a specific card are one-time bonuses only, if you get it on the PRG, close it a few months later, then a year down the road, see another offer and apply, you may get the card, but you'll be disqualified for the bonus points because you've already had them on the PRG in the past.

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

interesting data points Gardener. i will research more . thanks.

Message 23 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Your MR points will grow with the PRG better than with the ED card, plus, it has more benefits. Also, if you plan to PIF all the time, might as well just stay with the PRG. Gas, restaurants and supermarkets get 2x points.

Lastly, always remember, points bonuses on a specific card are one-time bonuses only, if you get it on the PRG, close it a few months later, then a year down the road, see another offer and apply, you may get the card, but you'll be disqualified for the bonus points because you've already had them on the PRG in the past.

Right, but the additional growth and benefits of the PRG have to be offset by the AF (past year one)   For many, this will be an non issue, but for others, with little travel, the ED may be the better choice

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

yep ^^ this is what i feel as well.

Message 25 of 29
UncleB
Credit Mentor

DeepKc, lots of good stuff here for you to consider.  Smiley Happy

At the risk of derailing the conversation, I want to add one last thing... you mentioned above that you might be interested in at some point getting a Venture One for 'keeps'. 

If you decide to do so, after you get the card (and the new account bonus) I would have it changed to a Quicksilver as quickly as possible... 1.5% cash back is always superior to 1.25% only redeemable for travel, and you'll get to retain the Venture One lower APR as well... the best of both worlds! 

Good luck whatever you decide!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon gift card purchases via Mileage plus X app are indeed coded as  airline fee by amex. Made purchases on 23rd and got my 100$ reimbursment today, on 26th. so, i assume the next calender year 100$ airline fee credit clock to begin in Jan 2017? 

Message 27 of 29
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Amazon gift card purchases via Mileage plus X app are indeed coded as  airline fee by amex. Made purchases on 23rd and got my 100$ reimbursment today, on 26th. so, i assume the next calender year 100$ airline fee credit clock to begin in Jan 2017? 

Yep.  Smiley Happy

Of course, keep in mind that the loophole could be fixed/closed at any time... which IMO is a good reason to always go with Amazon GCs, since they are like cash to most folks anyway.

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes hehe .lets hope this MPX -Amazon - amex reimbursement continues. its quite usefull. i got an Ac adapter charger , weather proof case and a remote controller plus few other things for my Canon EOS T3i for free Smiley Wink  

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.