Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seured credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

seured credit card

I have a car loan and a furniture loan on my CR along with a couple of medical baddies. Only equifax has enough info for a score and it is 560. I had a loan officier pull it. She advised me to get a secured CC. I went with cap 1. My first billing cycle is almost up. I have it at 9% now. I paid the annual fee as soon as i got and then made a small purchase. Does anyone have a guess what kind of point boost i may receive if i receive one at all? And when and how should i pay when i receive the bill?
Thanks for any advice!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: seured credit card

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a car loan and a furniture loan on my CR along with a couple of medical baddies. Only equifax has enough info for a score and it is 560. I had a loan officier pull it. She advised me to get a secured CC. I went with cap 1. My first billing cycle is almost up. I have it at 9% now. I paid the annual fee as soon as i got and then made a small purchase. Does anyone have a guess what kind of point boost i may receive if i receive one at all? And when and how should i pay when i receive the bill?
Thanks for any advice!

You will get some kind of increase, only time will tell how much of an increase you get. You should always PIF before the statement cut.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 5
Tran92
Regular Contributor

The baddies will affect the outcome of your score. I had a collection on my TU report but was able to get it disputed and it literally boosted my score by like 60 or so I forgot the exact number. But try to remove those off your report.
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok what do you mean by statement is cut? Is that the date printed on the statement?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.