Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

target denial

tag
tiffo02
Valued Member

target denial

Ok so this site is supposed to be tge real credit score that the lenders use right? Someone pls tell me why this site says my score is 646 but target denied me and said my score was 596. They are both equifax credit scores
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Re: target denial

Did Target send you a letter saying Equifax FICO score?

The scores on Equifax website are FAKO

Message 2 of 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

OP, if you mean your score from myfico, it's a version called Beacon 5.0, that's commonly used for mortgage apps. The score commonly sold directly from the equifax site is indeed a fako. 

I'm not familiar with the "redcard," so I don't know the fine points....(others that have it will jump in eventually).

It's possible that Target gave you either a card enhanced score, or an internal score, which means any past bad cc habits will affect it accordingly.

Message 3 of 6
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

+1, the EQ fico provided here will match what a mortgage broker would pull if both are pulled at the same time. When I applied for a mortgage in January, the EQ the lender pulled matched exactly with the EQ score provided here. Credit card companies often use a different version or they have some internal scoring algorithm that they use.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 6
tiffo02
Valued Member

Well whats odd is my credit cards on my report have the most positive impact on my.report. Wouldn't that have made my credit card enhanced score even better? This credit stuff is starting to drive me bonkers
Message 5 of 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

What's your AAOA, and utilization?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.