Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time for amex to go (again)

tag
csryang
Frequent Contributor

Re: time for amex to go (again)

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I don't think OP is coming back.  I'm genuinely curious to find out the backstory here since glancing at OP's previous posts, he has a history of numerous very sudden and contentious endings with multiple lenders.

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I don't think OP is coming back.  I'm genuinely curious to find out the backstory here since glancing at OP's previous posts, he has a history of numerous very sudden and contentious endings with multiple lenders.

Just read through his posts.  Seems like he has problems wherever he goes.  Even saying he moved 7.5 million in business checking dollars to another Bank because Chase cut his limits on his personal cards.    I think he is leaving important information out.  

Totally agree with you. My experience with Amex is that they like big spenders and typically they do not get spooked by big transactions that easily. If your spending pattern is not unusual and you are not new to Amex, they should have no issue with you spending lots of money on your cards and PIF consistently. Some of us have 30+ cards with different CCC and can tell you the same from experience.

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like this is another post where the OP has bailed.  i was curious to find out too. 

Message 22 of 25
swpopham
Established Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Sorry for the delay, I didnt get any email notifications. We took a trip over the 4th to go look at land we are going to buy in teneseee, let me read thru the posts and catch up.

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 23 of 25
swpopham
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Just read through his posts.  Seems like he has problems wherever he goes.  Even saying he moved 7.5 million in business checking dollars to another Bank because Chase cut his limits on his personal cards.    I think he is leaving important information out.  

We run a pipeline inspection business and we have gone from 70+ inspectors on payroll down to my wife and I at a couple of points in the last 15 years. as you mentioned we went to pull our business account from chase. The "vice president" CPC banker didnt have the authority to cut a check that large and had to get management involved, within 10 min of me telling him to make the phone call all of our credit limits were restored and raised our ink card limits. 

Amex has been a PITA to deal with but with our spending levels going up and down as fast as they do its been a good fit for us, Over the last few months it seems when I get close to 10k balance on the card they start calling and wanting us to make a 50% payment, Ive told them the samething everytime, im paying 500+ year in membership fees, Im following the rules they set. Have I missed a payment? No, have I bounced a check/payment? No, then leave me alone!!! For our personal spend, im done chasing points and rewards and think im going to drop down to:

Ink business card

Sapphire reserve 

BOA cash rewards

NFCU cash rewards

And thats it, my wife and I have talked about it, the only thing to spook anyone is we sold our house, took the procedes and paid off 150k in debt, car/rv/LOC. We will be 100% debt free by jan 2019  

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 24 of 25
swpopham
Established Contributor

@redpat wrote:

Looks like again caught up to you.  What happened last time?

Started lowering our spending limits every month till they placed a 5820 a month limit on spending, I quit using the card and after 2 months of 0 statement balance. I got a call from a Customer relations account manager supervisor wanting to know why we cut off the use of our cards.  I explained that I was buying dinner for our clients and it was declined. I told her I was not dealing with the issues. Then she suggested that that we should do a full financial review to help them understand us? I told her im not turning over our tax returns and that we didnt need the card. She hung up then 10 min later we get a call saying that they lifted the spending restriction and I believe we made it 12-18 months without a single phone call or nastygram email.  Then a few months a go it just started out of the blue.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.