Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hhgregg closing all stores

tag
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Re: Hhgregg closing all stores

yes you can use Discover,Visa and MC online with Costco.....

Message 11 of 27
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 wrote:
I bought my Samsung fridge from them and a couple of TVs over the years. I hate to see them go. I got a great deal on the the fridge a couple of years ago. The installers were also great IME. The Samsung plasma is still going strong 10 yrs later.

Other than the electricity bill, just sayin Smiley Happy.

Still have the second to last Pioneer plasma model ever built, and it's still a fantastic TV, but when I watch it, my electric bill gets pricey in a hurry.  Heat generation is no joke either, probably going to finally replace it next year... big expense year apparently for me the way it is shaping up.

        
Message 12 of 27
empiror22
Regular Contributor

I'll miss them, I used to work at circuit City back in earlier 2000's and HH Gregg had the best prices and even then they would haggle. I live on West coast now so it's a little easier to not miss, but they carried some great products throughout the years.
Message 13 of 27
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Time to scoop up some deals.

Best Buy stock?

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to mention that I went by the local HHGregg store on Saturday and the place was pretty much already cleaned out - the closing sale must have been in progress for some time already. Oh well. I wasn't in the market for store fixtures anyway.

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Time to scoop up some deals.

Best Buy stock?

I am not fond of retail stocks of B&M stores today but this will be a positive for BBY and they will increase market share as a result.

Message 16 of 27
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I live in the metro DC area and went to two HHGregg stores yesterday and both were closed. I was surprised because I was expecting them to close next month. On the doors of one of the closed stores, the sign said, CLOSED FOREVER, AND EVER!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

I live in the metro DC area and went to two HHGregg stores yesterday and both were closed. I was surprised because I was expecting them to close next month. On the doors of one of the closed stores, the sign said, CLOSED FOREVER, AND EVER!

I was in the same shopping center as the local HHGregg Store in Manassas, VA yesterday. Didn't get close enough to take a detailed look but it appears to be closed for good (which wasn't surprising because when I went by there a few weekends back they were already down to the last few junky items nobody had ever been interested to buy plus the fixtures).

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

.....and the hits keep a coming.

http://www.furnituretoday.com/article/542446-amazon-launching-new-furniture-seller-program

It'll be certainly interesting to see how Amazon does it in a retail sector where one of the primary rules seems to be, from my admittedly imprecise personal observations, to be perpetually in a going-out-of-business, everything-must-go mode. If I were being cynical, I'd wonder if a lot of furniture stores kept pre-printed stocks of such signs in reserve ahead of time for every occasion when they might need to clear a little inventory...

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.