Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Data for Millions Hacked from Anthem

tag
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Re: Personal Data for Millions Hacked from Anthem

After researching, lifelock seems to be the best you can buy.

Credit sesame was rated the best free service.
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Thats the thing. My wife and I are young and we're in the process of looking for a home. As soon as we find one we like, we're jumping on it. Hence me needing something to monitor. Granted, AFAIK my insurance is NOT thru Anthem. This just perked me up to get on it, in terms of monitoring.

Message 12 of 23
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

This has worried the h**l out of me all day.  Anthem says they will provide free credit monitoring & identity protection services but I wonder for how long?  I seriously doubt they're going to do this forever, which is what anyone affected by this is going to need.  It's not like they stole a batch of credit card numbers that can be cancelled & re-issued.  They stole SS numbers, dobs, addresses, etc.  Whoever did this has all the info to open credit cards, take out loans, & file fraudulent tax returns for years.  

It's a MESS.

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 13 of 23
racer-x
Valued Contributor

China hacks did if. The news is saying that they are tarfetingimportant us officials.
Maybe senators, CEO's, army generals, etc...

People on computer hacker sites are posting 'want to buy ads' for the stolen info .

Also, anthem is the largest participant in obamacare. Coincidence?

This has me worried too. Ill probably set up lifelock and credit sesame.
Message 14 of 23
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry if this isn't in the right place. But what would you guys recommend for monitoring and or watching your credit? Id like something that would email me with any type of contact/attempt to my credit...

I use Trusted ID and they suggest Fraud Alerts on your account so that so that it's more difficult to open accounts, but I'm seriously considering freezing my accounts after this.  I do have Blue Cross Anthem.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Message 15 of 23
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

I dont have anthem but this has me worried and has me thinking about identity protection. I have 3B monitoring through myfico but wondering what else i should add

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 16 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

This DEMANDS a major LAWSUIT!

Careless disregard for customers most private sensitive data and also now is a serious threat.

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they will automatically enroll each of their customers in some sort of Identity protection.  I say this because when Adobe was breached, they enrolled me for a year for free in Experian Identity Protection or whatever it was called.  I had monthly reports, credit alerts etc... I would hope Anthem would do the same..

Message 18 of 23
princessminor
Contributor

DH and I have Anthem and at first I breathed a sigh of relief since I had never heard of them before.  Come to find out, this company is in association with Blue Cross Blue Shield.  So my sighs are now irregular heart beats.  

Starting Score:625
Current Score:660
Goal Score:725

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anthem did announce they are offering free fraud protection to the accounts that were compromised. 

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.