Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Banks Are Suddenly Closing Down Customer Accounts

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/05/business/banks-accounts-close-suddenly.html?unlocked_article_code...

Total revolving limits 587500 (521k reporting) FICO 8: EQ 706 TU 714 EX 721

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

Re: Why Banks Are Suddenly Closing Down Customer Accounts

This is exactly why I keep two different sets of accounts with different financial institutions and always carry a mastercard and visa from separate companies.  Too much of this going on these days for more reasons than the article speaks of.

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve - $71k | Citi AA Executive 43.5k
Message 2 of 5
AyaMai
Frequent Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/05/business/banks-accounts-close-suddenly.html?unlocked_article_code...

Thank god I have only direct deposits from my employer though Chase declined me to open a personal checking account last week, I do not even have any credit card through them just the ones I am an authorized user on DW Chase credit cards. Did open checking acoounts with 5 different banks, direct deposits are through my employer. Comments are worth reading

Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@MarkintheHV wrote:

This is exactly why I keep two different sets of accounts with different financial institutions and always carry a mastercard and visa from separate companies.  Too much of this going on these days for more reasons than the article speaks of.

Agreed. It's definitely healthy to diversify.  Banks are not known for their loyalty Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 587500 (521k reporting) FICO 8: EQ 706 TU 714 EX 721

Message 4 of 5
Ambiance0346

@MarkintheHV wrote:

I'm starting to work on this kind of diversification lately for exactly that reason. Things are definitely unpredictable these days. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.