Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 years from when?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

7 years from when?

I'm kind of confused on what date do collections fall off report? is it the date opened or date reported?
also I want to know how can ca's get away with renewing dates. I've got one on my report that i disputed and they reaged it, I have no bill from them, have never been called or anything. Shouldn't CB's have some sort of way to stop them from doing that unless of course individual pays off old debt then i can see adding on there account paid and date it was paid. Another thing why does cleaning up your credit have to be so freaking difficult you would think a person willing to take responsibility for past mistakes and make amends would benefit from it.  Instead your punished more for trying to do the right thing.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

7 years from the date of original delinquency.   A CA can...

7 years from the date of original delinquency.

A CA can't legally reage the debt. Gather enough evidence on this (and other wrongdoings) and sue. Unfortunately given the knowledge of a typical person a CA deals with, it's often more cost effective for them to deal with lawsuits & settlements over not following certain laws, but in turn be able to attain better collection results.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.