Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Small Victory...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Small Victory...

Wow child support on the FICO forum--interesting!!

What is even more interesting TNWM is that you think ALMOST $400 a month for a child is too much.

If you were taking care of your child on a DAILY basis and not a part time dad like most you would be begging to pay ALMOST $400 a month.  
Message 31 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow child support on the FICO forum--interesting!!
What is even more interesting TNWM is that you think ALMOST $400 a month for a child is too much.
If you were taking care of your child on a DAILY basis and not a part time dad like most you would be begging to pay ALMOST $400 a month.

Here's the rub: I'm not taking care of my child. That's not where the money is going. It's going to my ex so she can sit on her rear end and play video games all day (she's remarried).

I proposed to her that she get off her butt, get a job (didn't even have to be a full-time job, just part to most time) and take care of day-to-day expenses from that, while I put the money I was paying her into long-term savings and investments for our daughter's college education. Since that would have interfered with her video game habit, she said no way.

But aside from that, I don't believe the government has the right to force me to pay a surtax for being a divorced father. That's called "communism," the system under which everything I produce rightfully belongs to the State and the State can take whatever it pleases. And if I wanted to live under communism, I'd move to Cuba--at least there citizens get "free" health care and housing. (Actually, I'd love to be able to buy whoever wrote the child support laws a one-way ticket to Cuba or North Korea...they'd likely feel right at home there.)

But what communists like the State of California child support people don't understand is that, before wealth can be stolen or redistributed, it must first be produced. They cannot confiscate the fruits of my labor if I'm not laboring in their jurisdiction. And this has been the downfall of communist systems worldwide: when you distribute wealth "from each according to his abilities, to each according to her needs," the able inevitably desert and all you have left are the "needy."
Message 32 of 39
smallfry
Senior Contributor

TNWM vote for Ron Paul and spread the word.
Message 33 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I do...but let's be real here...if there was any real possibility Ron Paul would be elected, he'd wind up taking a dirt nap. By "accident," or course, or by a "lone gunman." More likely the media will simply ignore him until the sheeple forget him.
Message 34 of 39
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Very HappyCONGRATULATIONS NEWWORLDMAN!!!Smiley Very Happy
Message 35 of 39
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

NWM.. You'll get there, by and by.  You will.  Look at what you've accomplished so far!  Even you have to admit a BOA, unsecured, is a tough card to get -- and you got it!  You do!  And you will obtain more!  How can you not?  You well understand how it all works, now -- and O but the lessons you're teaching the rest of us!  Thank you, NWM. 
Message 36 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MercyMe wrote:
NWM.. You'll get there, by and by. You will. Look at what you've accomplished so far! Even you have to admit a BOA, unsecured, is a tough card to get -- and you got it! You do! And you will obtain more! How can you not? You well understand how it all works, now -- and O but the lessons you're teaching the rest of us! Thank you, NWM.

Thank you for the compliment. I am already putting what I know to work...there is a young lady, daughter of an immigrant, who I helped to establish her own credit. She is 19, and already got her first $1000 CLI. She has three positive TLs now. Next month I'm going to help her sign up to pull her credit report. I told her by the time she gets out of college there is no reason she shouldn't have a 775 FICO and be able to finance a nice home!
Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jaybee wrote:

My best friend's ex pays her $850 each month...that's when his employer doesn't lie about his commission.  He should pay far more than that because he's a totally absent father and has been since their divorce.  He's only behind, oh, at least 15k.  They've never offered to arrest him, take him to court, nothing.  I guess they pulls names from a hat or something when making those determinations.
Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my first offer in the mail for a NO ANNUAL FEE card with a $750 CL.

I'm going to take it. Then as soon as it reports, and my BofA CLI reports, I'm going to double back to the Orchard card with the measly $300 CL (on which I have the hefty balance of $9) and $59 annual fee, and tell them their services will no longer be required. I don't really want to cancel the card, of course, so I'm hoping they'll come back with a CLI and fee reduction. But if not, I can throw them over the side. We're only talking 2 months of history there, so if I lose it, big deal.

I think when they pull a soft and see I have a prime card at $1000, and overall utilization under 5% across the board, they'll see their credit card is every bit as essential to my financial existence as feet are to a fish, and they'll play ball.

It's hard to overstate just how much keeping LOW balances increases your leverage with credit card companies. The minute you start revolving high balances month after month, they figure they've got you by the short hairs and they'll rate-jack you and abuse you. But if you keep your balances down in the "chump change" category, the CC companies know they can't do squat, because you can PIF at your leisure and mail them back their card in little pieces.
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.