Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few questions,

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few questions,

First, I have accounts which are 7+ years old which were paid in full and closed long ago which show up on a couple reports. Can and should I have these removed?  Or is it better to leave them on if they were in good standing? Or does it even matter one way or another? I always thought accounts older then 7 years were suppose to drop off automatically.

Next question, in my Trans Union report I have some tax liens which are showing up under “Public Record” from some property I once owned. (I was little late paying the town property taxes which got reported to Trans Union) Everything was always paid in full eventually, but each still shows the amount owed at the time. At the top of each one it does say “Release of tax lien.”  But I know this must really be holding my TU score down. My EQ &  EXP scores are 673 & 661. But the TU is only 570.  Will those “Public Records” ever be dropped automatically after a certain period of time? OR can I have them removed?

Thank You.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: A few questions,

motomech10 wrote:

First, I have accounts which are 7+ years old which were paid in full and closed long ago which show up on a couple reports. Can and should I have these removed?  Or is it better to leave them on if they were in good standing? Or does it even matter one way or another? I always thought accounts older then 7 years were suppose to drop off automatically.

I would leave them be.  Accounts drop off after 10 years closed, and while they are there they add age, whcih is good.  I am already preparing for the next decade when a whole bunch of my accounts go away.  Baddies drop off after 7-7.5 years
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.