Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A fico/fako question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A fico/fako question

I've read on here about how Credit Karma...as useful and informative as that site is...doesn't provide a "real" credit score.  How about the Experian website?  I had been registered on that site for some time, and yesterday I requested all 3 reports.    EX 635  TU 578 EQ 580       Are these my "real" scores?   (I saw that EX lists my new car loan, shows one of my coll accts paid, and shows my student loan as current while the other two do not show that yet...and of course, now that I've paid all my baddies off, I hope that all 3 scores can soar)

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A fico/fako question

Karma has me at 670 across the board. Myfico had me at 595 (real). I actually called the thse company and asked if these accounts have been removed. If so: they should send me a letter providing proof of these removals. Or legit updates.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've read on here about how Credit Karma...as useful and informative as that site is...doesn't provide a "real" credit score.  How about the Experian website?  I had been registered on that site for some time, and yesterday I requested all 3 reports.    EX 635  TU 578 EQ 580       Are these my "real" scores?   (I saw that EX lists my new car loan, shows one of my coll accts paid, and shows my student loan as current while the other two do not show that yet...and of course, now that I've paid all my baddies off, I hope that all 3 scores can soar)

All credit scores are real scores the issue with the scores from Credit Karma is they are Vantage scores as opposed to FICO scores. Roughly ninety percent of all credit decisions are base on a FICO score.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless they say Fico scores, they're fake.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma uses Vantage scores.  The Experian site - which I believe is better than TU and EQ - will give you FICO 8 scores.  Use CK for education. Try not to rely on the scores, athough in some cases they could serve as a proxy for your true scores.  Lenders pull FICO not Vantage ( most lenders pull FICO).  Pay the fee for FICO. Its worth it.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma uses Vantage scores.  The Experian site - which I believe is better than TU and EQ - will give you FICO 8 scores.  Use CK for education. Try not to rely on the scores, athough in some cases they could serve as a proxy for your true scores.  Lenders pull FICO not Vantage ( most lenders pull FICO).  Pay the fee for FICO. Its worth it.

------------------------------------

I may end up biting the bullet and paying for FICO just to be sure.  It's ironic in my case that the scores I got from the Experian website are way higher than what shows on CK (most posts I've viewed on the subject involve clients being disappointed because CK has them at an artificially high score)

Message 6 of 11
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

That's why you can't trust CK for scores. Mine, hubby's, and my mom's CK scores are up to 100 points lower than our Fico scores and a friend with bad credit had CK s ores that are higher than his Fico scores.
Message 7 of 11
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

I like using Credit Karma for "Card Shopping." Does not account for Chases 5/24 rule. 

I wish they would have Experian data! 😡😖😖😖

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This isn't an accurate statement.  If it doesn't say FICO, it's simply not a FICO score.  That doesn't make it "fake" as the score is generated using a different model, commonly VS 3.0.  They are REAL scores, just real VS 3.0 scores.  There is no correlation between FICO and VS 3.0 scores, which is often why people refer to VS 3.0 scores as "fake" or "wrong" since they are comparing them to their FICO scores.  Apples to oranges.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This isn't an accurate statement.  If it doesn't say FICO, it's simply not a FICO score.  That doesn't make it "fake" as the score is generated using a different model, commonly VS 3.0.  They are REAL scores, just real VS 3.0 scores.  There is no correlation between FICO and VS 3.0 scores, which is often why people refer to VS 3.0 scores as "fake" or "wrong" since they are comparing them to their FICO scores.  Apples to oranges.

We have to agree to disagree. I'm not familiar with any creditor using Vantage scores. Most, if not all creditor use some verison of a Fico score, making the other credit scores worthless, fake.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.