Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PLAT FOREIGN AU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX PLAT FOREIGN AU

Does anyone here have experience adding an AU to their card from a foreign country?
I used to live in the Philippines, i just got approved for the AMEX plat and was thinking if i could make a couple of people in the Philippines an AU to earn thousands and thousands of points.
Will AMEX flag this? Would i get problems?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX PLAT FOREIGN AU

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone here have experience adding an AU to their card from a foreign country?
I used to live in the Philippines, i just got approved for the AMEX plat and was thinking if i could make a couple of people in the Philippines an AU to earn thousands and thousands of points.
Will AMEX flag this? Would i get problems?

American Express requires you to provide Social Security numbers for Authorized Users within 60 days.  Do these potential AUs have SS numbers?

Other than that there are lots of potential problems that can occur and Amex will likely frown on AUs residing outside of the US when the card is issued in the US.

Message 2 of 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Theoretically there should be no issues. Just inform the agent when you chat/call to add them that you are adding non-US residents to your account and that the cards will be used extensively overseas. You might also be able to have them send the cards directly to them via DHL (or whichever other intl shipment service they use atm) but will probably have to pass security verification first before you can do so

Note: be prepared to provide some type of identification with the people you're looking to add. This may be a foreign DL #, passport ID or something similar. Again, I don't know that they will ask for it but be prepared if they do

More info at this post specifically as well as the thread as a whole which is worth a quick read

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31369157-post97.html

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have actually asked AMEX about adding AU’s without a valid SSN. What they told me was it was okay since i hold responsibility of payment but i do have to send a valid DL or Passport of the AU’s.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @simplynoir
Message 5 of 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you @simplynoir

No problem!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.