Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU question

I am currently rebuilding since Feb. 2019, as of May 2019 across the board my scores have come up some, and I know patience is key in my situation.

I currently have one secured credit card, and 2 installment loans. My question is, would it help if I was an AU on my husbands Discover CC (its fairly new) instead of getting another secured, or would it do nothing to help my scores? TIA! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: AU question

@Anonymous wrote:

I am currently rebuilding since Feb. 2019, as of May 2019 across the board my scores have come up some, and I know patience is key in my situation.

I currently have one secured credit card, and 2 installment loans. My question is, would it help if I was an AU on my husbands Discover CC (its fairly new) instead of getting another secured, or would it do nothing to help my scores? TIA! 

Being AU can help. In your case, it wont be adding age, but it can help with utilization and number of TLs reporting.  I'd stay away from non aged AU accounts and try building on your own. 

Does he have any older cards he could add you to? 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU question

Thanks! He does have 2 older cards, one with Citi, which it's the same card I have of my own. The other is a cap1, which was one of my collectons I paid, so they won't approve me being an AU on it.

I'll just hold off since it wouldn't do that much for my scores...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.