Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTHORIZE USER QUESTION

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AUTHORIZE USER QUESTION

I’m kinda new to credit, my mom is willing to make me an authorize user to her chase card.
Question is do we need to live in the same address? We live in seerates address atm.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AUTHORIZE USER QUESTION

No, you do not need to live at the same address.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou good sir!
I thought my mom and i needed to be at the same address for chase to report to credit bearu good that thats not the case! Thankyou!!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

But the caveat to that is, it may not help your version 8 and 9 scores if it is flagged by the anti-abuse algorithm, and being at different addresses may cause that to happen, but then again it may not. No one really knows exactly how the proprietary algorithm works.
Message 4 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is discretionary on the part of each individual creditor as to what they require in order to report the account of another consumer to a credit report.   There are no provisions under the FCRA governing addition of authorized users.

The only formal requirement currently in place was added by the CRAs a couple of years ago as part of the settlement agreement between themselves and the offices of the AG of several states.  In that settlement agreement, and also incorporated into the CRAs internal policy statement in their National Consumer Assistance Plan, the date of birth of the consumer must be provided to the CRA in order to add an AU.

Prior reluctance to add the credit history of a party other than the named consumer to their credit report has resulted in some creditors requiring that there be a clear family relationship between the parties, but I know of no situation where the same address is explicitly required as a pre-condition.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sir i have another question, after my mom filled out the form to make me an AU. I didn’t get an email nor did she. Is there a way to check on the application. Or do i just wait for the card?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long has it been? Not all lenders are going to send a follow up email. But if you think it’s been too long, you can definitely call them to check to see if the card has been sent out already.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just roughly 6-7 days.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

give em 2 weeks. But you can call if it makes you more comfortable.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.