Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AZEO vs 8% and 28%

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: AZEO vs 8% and 28%

@Anonymous if you only have 1 card you don't want it to report 0, I would put a small percent on it.  Smiley Happy   You can be penalized by some for $0 if it is your only card

Message 11 of 30
Ugenie7
Valued Member

@Anonymous 

Thanks! I appreciate the info!

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Illustrating the point about AZEO differences:

CassieCard 3B Report - Score changes at AZEO, CRA Comparison

MTG(Mortgage), AUT(Auto), and BKC(Bankcard) scores are 5,4,2 from the top.

BC8

AU8

MTG

AUT

BKC

BC9

AU9

EQ

+19

+23

+20

+1

+1

+4

+16

+17

+17

TU

+14

+22

+16

+6

+6

+6

+27

+27

+27

EX

+3

+10

+9

+7

+6

+6

+6

+2

AoOA 2yr1mo | AAoA 1yr5mo | AoYA/AoYRA/AAoRA 1yr1mo

8% to 5% aggregate change, ($816 to $539), TCL $11K

(9 & 8) to (0 & 6)% on 2 individual cards

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

So much for reducing the disparity on version 9!
Message 14 of 30
Ugenie7
Valued Member

@Anonymous 

Thanks for the very informative charts! 

It looks like Experian is being stingy though!

Message 15 of 30
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Illustrating the point about AZEO differences:

CassieCard 3B Report - Score changes at AZEO, CRA Comparison

MTG(Mortgage), AUT(Auto), and BKC(Bankcard) scores are 5,4,2 from the top.

BC8

AU8

MTG

AUT

BKC

BC9

AU9

EQ

+19

+23

+20

+1

+1

+4

+16

+17

+17

TU

+14

+22

+16

+6

+6

+6

+27

+27

+27

EX

+3

+10

+9

+7

+6

+6

+6

+2

AoOA 2yr1mo | AAoA 1yr5mo | AoYA/AoYRA/AAoRA 1yr1mo

8% to 5% aggregate change, ($816 to $539), TCL $11K

(9 & 8) to (0 & 6)% on 2 individual cards

This still surprises me.   My model is that there is one algorithm, say FICO 8 (non bankcard etc) and you get  different results by running it on the slightly different data held by each CRA.   But you are saying that EX implements FICO 8 differently from TU (even though they are paying FICO for the algorithm)?

ETA:  OK, now I see that CRAs do make modifications to the algorithm, so I guess that's why!  Thanks

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurkerKind of, but not exactly. The CRA has FICO customize the algorithm for them. They definitely vary by bureau. Starting with Score 8, there was a move to reduce the disparity. Supposedly Score 9 reduced it even more, but I can't tell!

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 Thanks! <8.9% still advisable if you only have 1 card? 

Message 18 of 30
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous  Yes!    It would be ideal actually Smiley Happy     So use to the limit is what I used to do, pay it down to 0 dollars on the payment date, whether you pay a little here, more there, then down to 0 on payment date, then put a little bit back on after to let report for the statement (Ideally under the 9% but don't put so little that it shows as 0, some places will round down so if you put 5 dollars on a 20k limit (random example) they may report as 0 ((hopefully you get the point I was exaggerating lol))   but that will show you use the limit they give, you can make more than your payment back and can use it responsibly so it will give good chances at CLI (especially Auto ones)  Smiley Very Happy   side note I know my scores don't look it right now lol but that's how I jumped my score almost 200 points in less than a year (I have just been playing around with my score and adding things, bought a house, refinanced etc and now I'm just building it back for my next big purchase (I just high high UTL right now which is my biggest henderence atm)  Smiley Very Happy     But that method got me several CLI's quickly Smiley Happy  YMMV but if it works for other ppl hopefully they will agree and let you know too

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s actually 9% or less and if you’ve only got one card you can get a couple more points at 4% or less. But it’s only like 3 more points so.
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.