cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About how long does it take for CRAs to update with new info received from CC companies?

tag
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

About how long does it take for CRAs to update with new info received from CC companies?

I've seen quite a few posts about when various CC companies report your balance, but not much discussion about the CRA end of things.

Something of particular note is this off-cycle reporting that some CC companies do. In reading examples of people doing this with Discover, I've seen users report that their reports were updated with the new changes as of the next day! And in other instances, with regularly scheduled reporting, it is said to take a few days. Do the CRAs intentionally prioritize these off-cycle updates, or is this a YMMV situation?

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Re: About how long does it take for CRAs to update with new info received from CC companies?

I'm interested because I want to know the minimum amount of time I should wait before apping for a new card, if I want these changes to be reflected in the hard pull. I would think with a statement/reporting date of the 18th that tomorrow the 21st would be definitely safe, with even today being a possibility.

I don't subscribe to any monitoring services except free FAKO ones (CK, CS, etc) and I don't really want to just for the purposes of knowing if the update has occurred.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 2 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: About how long does it take for CRAs to update with new info received from CC companies?

In my direct experience 10 days.

You effectively have to get a snapshot of an actual report where it's not on there, and then a future report where you can see the date of the update. That date, is the date the lender reported, not the date when it was inserted into the bureau dataset... and those two can be non-trivially different.

In my case I got a report 10 days after the end of one month and the data wasn't there: checked again another 5 days later and it was, with the correct 31st date in this case.  Somewhere between the 10th and the 15th it got inserted.  Possible the date is just what's sent in the data, so there may be a delay on the lender side too but I can't see that side of the transaction.

        
Message 3 of 5
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your input Revelate. I signed up for the Experian app and saw that my new Discover limit was reporting, so I decided to apply for the Citi Double Cash as I had planned. They pulled Experian's Bankcard 8 and it was an 808, approved for $4600.

Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@barthooper wrote:

Thanks for your input Revelate. I signed up for the Experian app and saw that my new Discover limit was reporting, so I decided to apply for the Citi Double Cash as I had planned. They pulled Experian's Bankcard 8 and it was an 808, approved for $4600.

Nice card, congrats!

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.