Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Authorized user for Credit One

tag
Jms2687
Valued Member

Adding Authorized user for Credit One

Just wondering if anyone has added someone to be an authorized user, and that person would benefit on their credit report from it? When I go to add someone it doesnt give me an option to inclide their SSN, So i dont see how they would get any reporting from it?

TIA

Pre BK 10/2018
Post BK08/14/2020

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding Authorized user for Credit One

The gift of Credit One....Not sure if you like the person you’re making an AU or if you don’t. J/k.

I’m assuming they have an option to add an AU? I ask because some cards in the subprime category don’t allow AUs. If they do, no need for a SSN. Many cards don’t require this for AU accounts. Most likely, it will find its way to their reports via name, address, and DOB identifiers.
Message 2 of 11
Jms2687
Valued Member

Haha.. I like them. Their credit needs some help for us to buy a house. So hoping to get something other than their car loan revolving until they get a card in their name. Just wasnt sure, didnt want to waste my time haha.. 

Pre BK 10/2018
Post BK08/14/2020

Message 3 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Jms2687 wrote:

Just wondering if anyone has added someone to be an authorized user, and that person would benefit on their credit report from it? When I go to add someone it doesnt give me an option to inclide their SSN, So i dont see how they would get any reporting from it?

TIA

IMHO, don’t add them. And just a thought. Since CreditOne charges a fee for every darn thing, is there a fee for adding an AU? Also, some mortgage loans don’t even consider accounts where a person is an AU since they are not responsible for payment.

On another note, if you want to add that person to a CC, add to one where you have a long history and a substantial CL.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My personal opinion, is to not get too invested with credit one. They are great to help build credit, but once you have achieved that, dump them lol. I have two of their cards now and I’m trying to do just that! If you have any other cards like capital one or what not, I would say to add the AU to that instead. Like a previous replyer said, an established card with a substantial credit line that you plan on keeping for a while.
Message 5 of 11
Jms2687
Valued Member

Yes I plan on ditching them before I keep incruing their lovely fees. I am fresh out of BK and thats the first card to get things rolling again until I can get the better ones. But I thought he would benefit as a AU until i cut ties with them and go on to the next.

Pre BK 10/2018
Post BK08/14/2020

Message 6 of 11
Squishy
Established Member

Authorized User Annual Participation Fee

A $19 Authorized User Annual Participation Fee will be billed to your Account. This fee will bill again each year in the month that the Authorized User was added to this Account.

Starting Score: 630
Current Score: 632
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
Jms2687
Valued Member

Yes I am aware of the fee. We will just keep the AU until before the year comes up then I plan on ditching it anyway. 

Pre BK 10/2018
Post BK08/14/2020

Message 8 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Squishy wrote:

Authorized User Annual Participation Fee

A $19 Authorized User Annual Participation Fee will be billed to your Account. This fee will bill again each year in the month that the Authorized User was added to this Account.

I knew it! Again, do friend a favor and don’t add as AU. It’s really not worth it. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jms2687 wrote:

Haha.. I like them. Their credit needs some help for us to buy a house. So hoping to get something other than their car loan revolving until they get a card in their name. Just wasnt sure, didnt want to waste my time haha.. 

Can you explain a little more about what this person's credit reports look like?  It sounds like you think a car loan is a revolving account, which it isn't.

Is this person your husband or wife?

The important question, if I am getting your situation right, is:

How do I help improve my spouse's mortgage score so that we will be better positioned to buy a house?

Is that right?  If so, we can help but only if we know a lot more about your spouse's reports.  Happy to follow up with more questions if this is the real issue for you.

PS.  Feel free to replace the word spouse with whatever word is most appropriate: husband, wife, fiancee, boyfriend, girlfriend, etc.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.