Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After TEN YEARS

tag
ambivalent
Established Contributor

After TEN YEARS

I have a CLEAN report!!!  I filed BK in July 2012, so that is gone.  I had several medical collections...those are gone. AND I had one non-medical collection from TSI that I requested removal for AND IT'S GONE!!!

This is the first time, probably in my life, yall!  My credit has been screwed up since my early 20s.  I am so happy I could SCREAM. My scores are up, but still lower than they could be due to utilization, which I will have paid down significantly in the next 3-5 months. I could actually reach 800 since I have no adverse history reporting!!!

I could not even have the limits and bank accounts I do now without the knowledge I learned from folks here. Thank you all soooooo much!!!!

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

Re: After TEN YEARS

That's amazing!! Congrats!

Message 2 of 19
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!! 🎉

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 19
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@ambivalent wrote:

I have a CLEAN report!!!  I filed BK in July 2012, so that is gone.  I had several medical collections...those are gone. AND I had one non-medical collection from TSI that I requested removal for AND IT'S GONE!!!

This is the first time, probably in my life, yall!  My credit has been screwed up since my early 20s.  I am so happy I could SCREAM. My scores are up, but still lower than they could be due to utilization, which I will have paid down significantly in the next 3-5 months. I could actually reach 800 since I have no adverse history reporting!!!

I could not even have the limits and bank accounts I do now without the knowledge I learned from folks here. Thank you all soooooo much!!!!

Congratulations. Well done.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 19
ambivalent
Established Contributor

Thank you all! It's been such a long journey and I was so discouraged because TSI was adamant that they didn't do removals (which is consistent with what I read around the web) so when I got notice it was gone I was speechless.  

I'm gardening for another month, then plan to take a personal loan to consolidate my remaining balances. I am hoping for a good score boost from that. I did notice though that my TU score, which has always been my highest, is now my lowest by about 20 points.  I wonder what that's all about!

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 5 of 19
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

How much of a score bump did you get anyway? Congrats!

Message 6 of 19
SimpleFogey

Congratulations.  That is a wonderfully heartening effort.

Message 7 of 19
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the rebuild!!!! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 19
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Congratulations🎉🎉🎉

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ambivalent  What an amazing and wonderful accomplishment. We are all very proud of your incredible success. It can be done, and you have proved this. Take a bow. You deserve it.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.