Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express reporting slowly?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express reporting slowly?

I recently opened an Amex Blue Cash Preferred card, 9/01/15. Still no reporting to the CRA's after a full cycle. Had a statement balance as of the closing date. I've heard some rumblings about slow, or no reporting. Maybe I'm just excited to see it post as a new account, but figured it would be reported by now! Any insights on Amex?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: American Express reporting slowly?

Not unusual for AmEx to take a while to first report a new account.  Some have experienced a couple of months, IIRC.  Not al llinks below are directly relevant but see also prior discussions:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=amex+first+repo...

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an Amex in August and it still hasn't shown up on my reports.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in no hurry for mine to report, all my 5-6 point dings from new Inq's and TL's, received it very end of last month, closes on the 22nd of this month.

I hope they take 2-3 months to report, but with my luck they will report this month.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apped for bcp 8/18, received it a few days later, a month ago a statement closed on sept 15th, with a balance due, no reporting yet =/ tomorrow my new statement is due to generate supposedly so I hope they report a few days after this now, not that it really matters since I won't be apping for anything for a good while, I just wanna know what my score will move to. AAoa drop and such, and how long I need to garden for to hit 2 years on the nose for aaoa
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's wired. They usually report to the credit agencies within 7 days. I opened mine last year, and they reported right away. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick update... Just gave American Express another reason to report my BCP! Applied for the Premier Rewards Gold card Friday 10/16! Approved. Arrived today UPS!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.