Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another AAoA question

tag
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

Another AAoA question

Few questions.......Experian shows average at 2 years, 1 month. 

Credit Karma shows 1.2 years. Am I right in assuming that Karma does not factor in closed accounts with its averaging???

Secondly, I'm an AU on a Discover card that's 10 1/2 years old. With many news account, and a few only 1-3 months old, am I gonna take a hit by dropping off the AU account? If you need more info, lmk and I'll provide it. 

''Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Another AAoA question

@Dmessina666 wrote:

Few questions.......Experian shows average at 2 years, 1 month. 

Credit Karma shows 1.2 years. Am I right in assuming that Karma does not factor in closed accounts with its averaging???

Secondly, I'm an AU on a Discover card that's 10 1/2 years old. With many news account, and a few only 1-3 months old, am I gonna take a hit by dropping off the AU account? If you need more info, lmk and I'll provide it. 

''Thanks in advance 

Yes credit karma only shows open accounts in their AAOA calculations. 

It is not possible to know if you will "take a hit" by removing the AU account as you did not provide any information on the current utilization and the payment history of the card. Utilization and payment history (i.e. late payments) trumps credit age.

Message 2 of 5
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

The AU account is 10 years old, flawless payment history, and is currently at 28%

My accounts, currently AZEO with aggregate being at 5%. I'm not worried about utilization troubles if I was to remove it, I was just unsure about average age factors. 

I was AU on two cards up until yesterday, I removed myself from a Target card that was 16 months old at 19% and Experian was almost instant, went up 4 points. I'm awaiting possible score change on the other two bureaus. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends, what is your average age now? And do you mean average age of accounts or average age of revolving accounts? They’re two different metrics.

If it’s significantly older, it’s possible you will cross thresholds and lose points, IF it is counting to begin with on version eight and nine, however it always counts on the mortgage scores
Message 4 of 5
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

As of this morning, both AU accounts have been removed on TU. Prior to removal, average age of accounts was 1 year, 10 months. Now, my average was brought down to 1 year, 2 months. 

So far, and I'm unsure if the score change was attributed to those removals, TU went from 692 to 698 after the first account. When the 2nd account was removed, I went from 698 to 702....F8. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.