Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody else get an email about Paypal changing terms

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone noticed this?

I PIF in early May and closed my account. I am wondering what will show up for me since i think Synch officially took over in June?

Message 161 of 179
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When I last spoke to a CSR about this (about a month ago, so Synchrony rep), I was told that they would report the original opening date. She then quoted my original opening date to me, which I was not able to find anywhere on my account page, so I am inclined to believe her.

However, detailed account info such as balance, payments, and credit limit will only be reported as of the Synchrony takeover. So it may report as a several year old account, but only have 5 months of data.

That's interesting. Some of the reps have been providing conflicting info as some suggest that the account will be listed as being opened in June 2019, but I am inclined to believ that is not the case since a. it's not fair, and b. they would get a flood of complains for inaccurate reporting. 

But it's fascinating that they would only report 5 months of payment info... so what happens to the previous years? Just no data, but an indication that the account was at least open during that time? Fascinating. I wonder what effects, if any, that might have on scores... 

Message 162 of 179
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I PIF in early May and closed my account. I am wondering what will show up for me since i think Synch officially took over in June?

Good question, haha. Don't quote me but I believe that the belief was that if you closed it before June, it shouldn't report at all. Dunno where people got that but I believe some were discussing it here and there.

Speaking of reporting, has anyone had their statement date pass yet? Mine's coming up in a week or so, and I think we all expect them to report this month, but I believe the verbiage from Synchrony was that they wouldn't report before September; not necessarily that they would report in September, but that, if they did report, September would be the earliest it would happen. Maybe we won't see reports this month Smiley Surprised 

Message 163 of 179
babbles
Established Contributor

I had a mortgage serviced by the old EMC mortgage opened in 2004 then Chase took over in about 2014 or so but the "original" open date is what shows on my credit files, hope it's the same way, I opened  the BML thing in 2007.

Message 164 of 179
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anybody else get an email about Paypal changing terms

I have a PPC account from 2016 I think.  Hasn't showed up on any reports.  I'll be ready if it does.  Pay that puppy off.

Message 165 of 179
RSX
Valued Contributor

Re: Anybody else get an email about Paypal changing terms

In preparation I applied for a CLI and got it

then I paid it off

i searched emails just yesterday to find out when I opened it.  Looks like Mar 2014, so that should help my AAoA by a couple of months.  

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 166 of 179
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

PayPal Credit - Still yet to report

I searched the forum, and went through a couple of pages of recent posts, still no mention of old PayPal Credit accounts reporting. I just sent my payment and am below 8% utilization and would actually benefit from them reporting now.

Has anyone heardof a pre-Synchrony account reporting?

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 167 of 179
RSX
Valued Contributor

Re: PayPal Credit - Still yet to report

Not yet

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 168 of 179
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

I searched the forum, and went through a couple of pages of recent posts, still no mention of old PayPal Credit accounts reporting. I just sent my payment and am below 8% utilization and would actually benefit from them reporting now.

Has anyone heardof a pre-Synchrony account reporting?

I'm guessing that Synchrony will use the date they took over for the old accounts. Just a guess?. (could be wrong)

My old BML PayPal is still not reporting. I am still sticking with sometime in Sept. to late as Oct. 31st.

Message 169 of 179
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine hasn't, statement date is in 2 days, though. 

Message 170 of 179
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.