cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody else get an email about Paypal changing terms

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Senior Contributor

Re: It looks like after June PayPal Credit will start reporting?

We now have confirmation that at least new accounts are being reported. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/PayPal-credit-no-longer-a-hidden-tradeline/td-p/561192...

Scores 1/2019:
Scores 6/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal: Garden... and garden... and garden.
Message 71 of 106

Re: It looks like after June PayPal Credit will start reporting?

Well, here's to hoping it at least backdates. The AAoA boost would be a nice offset to the loss of the hidden TL.

Message 72 of 106
Established Member

Pay pal credit! reporting !

So PayPal credit showed up on my Experian today. Have no balance on it so 10 point boost for me. Only 1500 line

Anyone else ?

Heard it was staring to report on June 2019
BK7 discharged 2/22/19
2/22/19 FICO 8 EX 522 EQ 569 TU 505
Message 73 of 106
Valued Contributor

Re: Pay pal credit! reporting !

Congrats on the 10 pts.

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC.
Message 74 of 106
Valued Contributor

@jlozano7 wrote:
So PayPal credit showed up on my Experian today. Have no balance on it so 10 point boost for me. Only 1500 line

Anyone else ?

Heard it was staring to report on June 2019

New Paypal Credit Account, or Older account?,

Date opened?

Message 75 of 106
Established Member

Yes, it’s a new PayPal credit account I applied last week I got the inquiry right away today I got a new update on myFICO and it showed as the account open with 1500 limit
BK7 discharged 2/22/19
2/22/19 FICO 8 EX 522 EQ 569 TU 505
Message 76 of 106
Valued Contributor

@jlozano7 wrote:
Yes, it’s a new PayPal credit account I applied last week I got the inquiry right away today I got a new update on myFICO and it showed as the account open with 1500 limit

Thank you for your reply!

so far my Very Old Bill Me Later / Payapl is not showing.

Message 77 of 106
Frequent Contributor

Im one of those "old account" still hidden as today!  Cross my fingers for June. Im using 90% of my TL for now. LOL

Amex Platinum NSPL, Amex Everyday $10k - Amex SPG $16k - Aviator AA $12.1k - NFCU CashReward $26k - Blispay $5k ((DEAD)) - Paypal Credit $7.5k - Citi Costco $5.5k - SAVOR $4.7K - Walmart Card $8.5k - Discover $7.8k - Victoria Secret $4.1k - Car Loan $7k.
Message 78 of 106

From what is being reported by users here, it seems like the June update/September reporting is for existing users, and all new users will have the TL report immediately. I highly doubt Synchrony will have different reporting terms for the same account across different users. My concern is whether old users will be backdated to when the account was first opened, or if it will report as a June 2019 account, when the full switch went into effect.

Message 79 of 106
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Looking more likely everyone will be member since 2019Smiley Wink. Not cool but thats SyncSmiley Wink
Charter Member of the Discover " No Cli For You " Club !

Chase Never/24 Squad Leader
Team Pendread Anonymous
#JustSayNo2Comenity
Officially S.O.G.O.T.P
Message 80 of 106