Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App before or after

tag
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

App before or after

So I have a Penfed pcr and I want to apply for for the Gold Visa, I also want to do a balance transfer from Capital One. Should I apply for the Gold before transferring the balance, just got approved recently so it should be from the same pull.  The amount I'm transferring is $2000

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: App before or after

@Howaboutthat wrote:

So I have a Penfed pcr and I want to apply for for the Gold Visa, I also want to do a balance transfer from Capital One. Should I apply for the Gold before transferring the balance, just got approved recently so it should be from the same pull.  The amount I'm transferring is $2000

What is your EQ FICO9 score like?

Also how long have you had the PCR?

You may want to apply first, to see what kind of a CL they give you?

Before initiating a transfer?

Message 2 of 7
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Howaboutthat wrote:

Also remember sometimes PF will pull another HP, been there done that. It's not always the case but it's a possibility.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 7
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

My Fico 9 was 667 and they gave me a sl of $7500 and I've had it a for 1.5 weeks. Maybe I shouldn't poke the bear. 

Message 4 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Howaboutthat wrote:

My Fico 9 was 667 and they gave me a sl of $7500 and I've had it a for 1.5 weeks. Maybe I shouldn't poke the bear. 

You probably have a BT offer on your PCR card, even though it does not show.

Just initiate it through the website.

I would hold off for 6 months on a second Penfed card. If it were me.  .. just my $0.02's worth.

Edited twice; need more coffee

Message 5 of 7
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Yes I do have a balance transfer offer. I'm going to hold off on seeking another and just take advantage of balance transfers. 

Message 6 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Howaboutthat wrote:

Yes I do have a balance transfer offer. I'm going to hold off on seeking another and just take advantage of balance transfers. 

Sounds like a great plan!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.