cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance ignoring PFD

tag
pronger865

Asset Acceptance ignoring PFD

SBC (now AT&T) sold a debt of $218 to Asset Acceptance LLC.  I received a letter from them stating that they were collecting from me.  I sent them a PFD letter based on the example found in past posts on this board.

I never received a response from them, but now they have posted the collection to the three credit bureaus.

Any advice on where I go from here?  I don't see what they gained by reporting the collection since I clearly stated I'd pay the debt without acknowledging it is mine if they wouldn't report to the bureaus.

I was hoping to get a new car loan in the next 2-3 months, but this action by Asset Acceptance has damaged my credit scores.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pronger865

Re: Asset Acceptance ignoring PFD

I also want to mention this debt occurred in January 2005, so 180 days past that is when I believe it should be stated when the SOL starts.   Asset Acceptance though reported this as a new debt as of October 2007 that is 90+ days late.  It looks to me like they are trying to re-age the debt as well.

At least that is how this appears to me....

Collection agency Asset Accept
Original balance $217
Current balance $218
Status Not Reported
Date assigned Oct 15, 2007
Date reported Nov 22, 2007
Original lender Southwestern Bell Telephone Lp
Account number
Account holder Individual
Message 2 of 6
cobra19
Valued Contributor

I have been able to get results by emailing Linda Smith at Asset Acceptance.  She was very helpful, which was quite a pleasant surprise.

Asset Acceptance LLC

P.O. Box 2036

Warren, MI  48090

877-234-3936

FAX  586-446-1798

www.AssetAcceptance.com

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

reporting date is only the date reported to the bureau - it is not DOLA/DOFD/CRTP date.  It can be reported as much as they want - one med collection does it weekly on me - but the other dates remain the same.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made payment arrangements with them before I found this forum.  When I was done paying them, and after finding this forum, Isent them a few gw letters.  My letters were ignored until one day about 2 months later, after disputing with the cras, the account disappeared from my credit report.  The address  they gave me when I had to send back all the paperwork was 2840 S. Falkenburg RD, Riverview, FL 33569

Message Edited by nfg on 11-30-2007 12:53 PM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cobra19 wrote:
I have been able to get results by emailing Linda Smith at Asset Acceptance. She was very helpful, which was quite a pleasant surprise.

Asset Acceptance LLC

P.O. Box 2036

Warren, MI 48090

877-234-3936

FAX 586-446-1798

www.AssetAcceptance.com

I recently sent off a PFD offer to Asset Acceptance. Haven't received anything back via mail yet.

I thought I'd give email a try too, and sent a duplicate offer to Linda Smith. Received the following email from her:

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to your inquiry via e-mail at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

For further assistance please contact us at 877-929-7796

We can also be contacted in writing at:
Asset Acceptance LLC
P.O. Box 2036
Warren, MI 48090

Sincerely,

Linda Smith
Debt Collector

Asset Acceptance LLC
P.O. Box 2036
Warren, MI 48090
877-234-3936
FAX 586-446-1798
www.AssetAcceptance.com

Oh well, it was worth a try. Will just wait to see how they respond to my snail mail.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.