Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Finance Not Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Finance Not Reporting

I've been paying for a number years (on time, every time) on a car that was financed through the car lot itself. I have only $700 left to pay but noticed that this entire time, it's not even being reported to the credit bureaus! The lady I talked to on the phone says they have record of the payment history, but how do I get it reported? Through them? Through me? It's one of the few accounts that I have truly paid on time consistently, for about 5 years. How do I get the rewards for that from the credit bureaus?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Auto Finance Not Reporting

Did you ask them to report? I bet they won't since it is a buy here pay here lot.

Message Edited by Tuscani on 06-14-2007 07:27 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well... I'm not really familiar with how that works. I thought it woulld be a given. They said they would be willing to show the solid payment history but it seemed that it was being put back on me and not deviously. Do they need to be plugged into the system?, preauthorized or screened by the bureaus?, is it too late? How does one go about reporting to each bureau either from my side or their side? I want to make it happen!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances are they are not a subscriber to the CRA's and will never report.

Ask for a Credit Reference letter. It will help on your next auto/credit purchase.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.