Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan only reporting to Transunion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto loan only reporting to Transunion

Been rebuilding my credit for two years now. When I first started, I had to buy a car at a buy here pay here place. They have been reporting to transunion, but not the other two bureus. Is there anyway to get it reported on the other two? My trans auto fico is obviously better, but I want all 3 to show good numbers.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto loan only reporting to Transunion

They are not legally required to report anything at all so you cannot force them to report the information to Experian or Equifax. They most likely only have an account setup with TU.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response! I was curious if there was any loophole or anything I can do to get the other bureus to pick up the tradeline?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto loan only reporting to Trans union

... sorry double post

Message 4 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the response! I was curious if there was any loophole or anything I can do to get the other bureus to pick up the tradeline?

No, the cedit bureaus only "pick up" what's reported to them. That's the problem with smaller lenders. I had a car loan with a small local credit union and they only reported to EX & EQ but not TU. Actually, not limited to just small lenders. I had a Visa with HSBC and they also only reported to EQ & EX, and PayPal Credit is well known as a "hidden tradeline" as they don't report to any of the credit bureaus.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see. Thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.