Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK7 and Judgments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK7 and Judgments

Hey All,

It's me again, Eve... Full of questions.  One in particular though...  I filed BK7 and it was discharged, however, there is a judgment from Amer. Genl Finance that was put on my credit after I was BK protection.  I disputed it being reported and it was updated to say that it was satisfied.  If this was put on after the BK, shouldn't this judgement be deleted?

Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: BK7 and Judgments

Didn't you have your BK lawyer write them a letter when they got the judgment? Should have never gotten on your report and it it did should have come off almost immediately. Some one tried this on me the lawyer letter worked.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

After going to court for the BK7, I never heard from my lawyer again.  I called his office and he had jumped ship or something because to this day I still cannot find him.  Anyway, he didn't send them a letter I guess.  I do have a copy of my BK7 papers that I could send to the credit bureaus, but do you think that it will do any good?  I know that judgment is really hurting me.

Thanks for your response.
Message 3 of 5
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

If the item in the judgement was part of your BK filing then yes send them a copy of the discharge papers to the company and to the CRA's. As for the lawyer a simple call to your local Bar association can help you locate him if he is still practicing law and he he moved to a new state the bar association would have that info as well.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks and
i will send copies to all.  gd tip on bar assn.  i will call tmrrw.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.