Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance to 0

tag
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Balance to 0

So my BOA is due soon and I want to pay the balance to 0 and was wondering if this will negatively affect my scores. It's only $91 but I'm still wondering. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Balance to 0

@Howaboutthat wrote:

So my BOA is due soon and I want to pay the balance to 0 and was wondering if this will negatively affect my scores. It's only $91 but I'm still wondering. 

Thanks in advance. 

Is it your only card, and if not how many other cards do you have and how many of them are reporting balances?

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 6
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

If it's your only card reporting a balance to the bureaus, yes, you'll take a score hit. Once the balance reports, you can pay it off so you don't pay interest.

Message 3 of 6
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Yes I have other cards that are reporting (Amex, Discover, AAdvantage, Costco) to name a few and BOA was next on the list. 

Message 4 of 6
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@Howaboutthat wrote:

Yes I have other cards that are reporting (Amex, Discover, AAdvantage, Costco) to name a few and BOA was next on the list. 

If this is the case, then no change to score unless BOA card has a $100 credit limit Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, it's appreciated. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.