Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank identity verification-chexsystems or credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank identity verification-chexsystems or credit report

Hi 👋🏼 I am wondering if someone knew how banks verify ones identity as mine has been compromised. I am concerned about someone opening an account in my name. I have ordered copies of my chexsystems report, early warning and the 3 credit bureaus. Any advice?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bank identity verification-chexsystems or credit report

First thing you want to do is to freeze your credit reports and that includes Chex and EWA. They still ID you from basic info Drivers Licence, Passport, etc. Here is a thread on how to handle

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect...

Moving to Gen Credit Forum as well

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. I have a question, would banks open an account with just DL and SS but not check credit or chexsystems/ews?
Message 3 of 4
SlinkyFan
Established Member

I think it would be rare they didn’t use Chex. We run it at the small CU I work for and I other FIs that run it.

But, a supervisor could easily override a Chex flag for a mismatched address, SSN, etc especially if frazzled from a busy day.

Starting Score: 655
Current Score: 664
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.