cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being Pursued in Court for MD Debt beyond SOL - What Can I Do?

RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Being Pursued in Court for MD Debt beyond SOL - What Can I Do?

There are so many variations of these scammers. No rules or laws are in play when it comes to them. I never dealt with having court papers but I've had the calls about allegedly not satisfying a debt and the threat of big legal action. These scammers will not stop at anything and it is a numbers game to them. They just hope that even the smallest percentage of people fall for it, in order to make the money they are wanting.

TCL: $306,100Utiliz: 6%AAoA: 5yrs 2mOther: Lease, Loan, *No MortgageCollections-Lates-BK's: 0

LWS-35k | BOA-50k | AMX-32.4k | DISC-33.6k | ALNT-25k | NFCU-33k | BARC-15k | BBUY-12k | CSE-10k | CP1-10k | CITI-11.7k | PF-38.4k

Message 11 of 12
Kree
Established Contributor

Re: Being Pursued in Court for MD Debt beyond SOL - What Can I Do?

If they have a website, there might be enough information available to find them and sue them for various reasons.  A good debt attorney can give you a free consoltation, and if it is actionable provide services for free upfront with the expectation of payment from the court ruling.

If you have the time to do so, please do.  These predators continue opperating because the majority of people do not have the means to retaliate. Everytime someone wins a 5000 dollar settlement for illegal debt collecting practices, everyone wins.

EDIT: fixed a typographical error.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.