cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Value Site(s) for 3 Bureau Reports & Scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Value Site(s) for 3 Bureau Reports & Scores?

What's the best value site(s) to get all 3 bureau reports and scores on a regular bases?

I know there are some sites that will give you 1 Bureau scores free each month and ofc the site to get all 3 scores/reports free once every 12 months... But I'm looking for an all-in-one site that updates more frequently and provides a bit more information.

Do any of them offer discounts for students or individuals on disability?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Value Site(s) for 3 Bureau Reports & Scores?

I dont know what is the best value, but I use the service both at Myfico and Experian.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the best value site(s) to get all 3 bureau reports and scores on a regular bases?

Best value goes to Credit Check Total ($1 trial memberships) hands down.

For $1 you get your 3B reports/FICO 8 scores, twice.  So, 50 cents per 3B report/score set.  If that's not enough for you for a month, you can do this twice ($2/mo) and you're effectively getting your 3B reports/scores weekly.  There's nothing out there that can touch that.  Also, since you're just using $1 trials, you are in complete control and can opt to skip doing trials whenever you want.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, these $20-$40/mo things aren't something I can fit into my budget right now, tooleman964. Hence my reason for posting this question...

BrutalBodyShots, the trial only lasts a month though, right? Great deal, I agree... but what about when that trial is over? I'm looking for something I can continually use that is more affordable.

Do none of these services have any sort of discounts for students or those on disability?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. 🙂
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous
BrutalBodyShots, the trial only lasts a month though, right? Great deal, I agree... but what about when that trial is over? I'm looking for something I can continually use that is more affordable.

There is no limit to the number of trials that you can do.  They are 7 day trials.  You start a trial, then 7 days later you cancel it (online) which takes 10 seconds.  That's it.  Then a few days later (as needed) you can start another trial.  Repeat the process as long as you'd like.  If you know that nothing is going on with your file you can go a month or longer without starting another trial.  Using this method for $1-$2 per month will provide you with more scores/reports than a $30/mo membership elsewhere.  If you do a search for Credit Check Total you'll find a bunch of threads with additional information.  If you have any specific questions, definitely let me know.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

There is no limit to the number of trials that you can do.  They are 7 day trials.  You start a trial, then 7 days later you cancel it (online) which takes 10 seconds.  That's it.  Then a few days later (as needed) you can start another trial. 

Oh, really? I figured they'd limit it to once per account and one account per SSN...

If that's not enough for you for a month, you can do this twice ($2/mo) and you're effectively getting your 3B reports/scores weekly.  

How does doing it twice equate to getting reports weekly? You mean I could do it 4 times a month for $4 for weekly reports? How often does the data and scores acually update? 

Thanks for the info! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Phaze.  If you describe your own situation in more detail, we may be able to suggest the best fit for you.  We may discover that you don't really need your FICO 8 scores four times a month.

Like you, many of us (BBS, myself, and many others) do not like paying more than a few dollars a year for credit monitoring tools.  I in fact pay $0 and still get frequent reports and FICO scores.

Two free tools that you should certainly have in your back pocket are:

*  CreditScore.com -- which gives you a full Experian report and a FICO 8 score once per month.

*  Credit Karma, which gives you updated EQ and TU reports as often as once a week.

There are many other ways to get free scores, notably via credit cards.  Contributor SouthJ knows of a bank that will give you a free EQ FICO 8 score, just for having a savings account.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't need it 4 times a month, I was just looking for clarity on the previous comment to ensure I understood correctly.

Furthermore, I probably don't need it very often... but I'm trying to learn more about everything and I feel like having a close eye on how everything I do effects my score is one of the best ways to learn. Quite frankly, in today's digital age, it seems rather silly that you can't see your reports and scores in near real time for a more reasonable price.

That said, I don't have a job... I don't even qualify for disability... all I have is SSI until I figure something else out. I won't go into details as to why I'm stuck in this position, but it's where I'm at right now. So basically, I'm trying to find the most affordable way (since SSI doesn't pay much) to not only monitor but also learn more about how things affect my credit as I work to build it.

Having said that, I do believe the $1 trials may be my best option at this stage.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You get 2 sets of scores per trial, once when you start the trial and another refresh on the 7th day before you cancel the trial, hence 4 sets of scores/reports between 2 trials.

If you're looking for near realtime monitoring, report and score updates, Experian IdentityWorks Plus for $9.95/month, It gives you Ex daily score and report update, realtime credit and dark web monitoring, and credit lock feature (main reason for me).  This is my main service, when I see a change here I hop over to Credit Check Total (also provided by Experian) and initiate a 7 day trial to see changes on the other 2 CRAs.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Given that money is really tight, I would sign up for every free tool that is out there.  That should be your first step.

The two most crucial ones are CreditScore.com and Karma.  But there are others:

* WalletHub gives you daily TU reports.

* Discover Scorecard requires no accounts with Discover and will give you another FICO 8.  (You can stagger Discover so that it updates approx 15 days after creditScore.com.)

* Credit.com is of marginal value but it gives you a nice high-level of summary of your EX report and a Vantage Score.

* There are the the banks and credit cards I alluded to: tons of TU FICO 8 scores out there, for example.

A nice strategy is to time Karma and Credit.com at the same time that you pull your scores via the $1 CCT trial.  Do that once a month.  After a few months you may discover that your Vantage Scores have a stable relationship to your FICO 8 scores.  E.g. your EQ Vantage is always about 10-15 points lower than your EQ FICO 8 say.  If so, then you can pull back to only using the CCT pull 3-4 times a year; the Vantage scores for TU and EQ will give you a good idea of what your FICO 8 scores (assuming you see a stable relationship).

Add to this the free stategy of asking for advice here on the forum for best steps to improve your profile, and you are set.  Everything will be free except CCT a few times a year.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.