Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked by Transunion - free annual reports

tag
House2021
Established Contributor

Blocked by Transunion - free annual reports

So I went on the online free annual credit report site to get my free week,y Transunion report. Well, I answered a question wrong by mistake and they blocked me from accessing my report said I had to call or mail in a form. I attempted the phone system but it was a total fail as it could not u deist and my address and I could not reach a live rep. I went back on today and after filling out the form, it doesn't give me the security questions it simply comes up with the message that I have to call or mail the form. So, essentially I'm blocked. How long will I be blocked for? Does it go away after a week or a month or I am just permanently blocked from getting reports online? Truly unfortunate as I'm doing my own credit repair right now and like to verify the information as it gets modified. Has this happened to anyone with the free reports?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Blocked by Transunion - free annual reports

You'll have to continue calling, or provide documentation that you are you through mail. Locked until verified. Frustrating it is, but a security measure in place. To protect themselves, as well as your personal info.

Message 2 of 6
House2021
Established Contributor

Is there any free Transunion credit monitoring service other than credit karma? I'm eager to see if an account was removed but credit karma isn't updating, I'm blocked from free annual, and the credit monitoring I'm paying myFico for hasn't updated anything either, even though I know from the free Experian monitoring provided by the Experian website that it was removed from. Y Experian report (kinda silly the free service is giving prompt updates but credit karma isn't doing anything to update me

Message 3 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Wallethub offers free daily TU reports. Disregard the VantageScore provided
Message 4 of 6
blindambition
Senior Contributor

TU should update everyday on CK now. Capital One uses TU on their Credit Wise product.

Message 5 of 6
House2021
Established Contributor

Thank you! I read that too about credit karma, but for me it hasn't updated since Tuesday March 16 and an account was removed on Experian yesterday, 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.