Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA questions

tag
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

CA questions

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here and have been reading the forums for the last week and it's just amazing at the information I've collected so I'm grateful for it! Anyhow, I have a few questions about CAs:

On my credit report, I have one CA, Palisades, which was hired by Verizon. I've never had an acct with them at all and I've received 2 letters from the CA wanting me to pay $366. How do I go about having it removed? It is the only CA on my EX CR that is showing.

Also, I have 2 old CA accts that I paid back in July 2005 that is reflected on my CR. Is it possible to have it deleted since I paid it and it's been 2 years? (Just being hopeful!)

Thanks!
02/17/2021: 654 (EX), 633 (EQ), 608 (TU)
12/8/2020: 668 (EX), 630 (EQ), 630 (TU)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA questions

The 2 paid CAs, write Goodwill letters asking them to remove.  One of our moderators, Tuscani, provided some very good examples which you can find on the following link:

As for the Palisades collections, I would send them a debt validation letter, or you can dispute with all 3 CRAs as "not mine".

Hope this helps!

-trini

Message Edited by trinigal on 07-04-2007 05:24 AM
Message 2 of 6
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

Thank you Trinigal! I will dispute it with the CRAs first then try the GW letters if that doesn't work.
Message 3 of 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Just wanting to make sure you understood that trinigal is saying GW letters to each of the 2 old paid collections in hopes they will remove before SOL,

and

The Verizon/Palisades issue which you are saying is not yours you need to DV on any CBR it appears on. Only the 2 paid old CA issues are GW letter situations.  You can write the letters now as it is unrelated to the DV issue.  

BTW it is recommended that you do disputes/DVs on a paid CBR, not on the free annual ones.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

SmartCookie wrote:
Just wanting to make sure you understood that trinigal is saying GW letters to each of the 2 old paid collections in hopes they will remove before SOL,

and

The Verizon/Palisades issue which you are saying is not yours you need to DV on any CBR it appears on. Only the 2 paid old CA issues are GW letter situations.  You can write the letters now as it is unrelated to the DV issue.  

BTW it is recommended that you do disputes/DVs on a paid CBR, not on the free annual ones.

Correct. And this is why:

Message 5 of 6
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the clarification SmartCookie! Everything is a bit confusing at first....Smiley Indifferent
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.