Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFPB question

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

CFPB question

Hey everybody! Just a question about he CFPB? My DW had a CC opened in her name fraudulently a month ago, they were not able to use it due to the fact she caught the INQ when it hit her CCT and she called the bank, but now the bank (US Bank) won't delete the Inq or the account which brought down her AAoA.... but they did close it at her request

She filled a dispute with the three major CRA and they didn't remove it so now she just filled a complaint with the CFPB does anyone know how effective they are? I've never used the CFPB but I have used the BBB..
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CFPB question

@Creditplz wrote:
Hey everybody! Just a question about he CFPB? My DW had a CC opened in her name fraudulently a month ago, they were not able to use it due to the fact she caught the INQ when it hit her CCT and she called the bank, but now the bank (US Bank) won't delete the Inq or the account which brought down her AAoA.... but they did close it at her request

She filled a dispute with the three major CRA and they didn't remove it so now she just filled a complaint with the CFPB does anyone know how effective they are? I've never used the CFPB but I have used the BBB..

Very effective for me on a number of occasions. I filed a complaint with them on a paid collection from PRA and they deleted it. Got other paid items deleted with their assistance as well. 

I would also file a police report and send it to all 3 bureaus as well.

When you file your CFPB complaint make sure you upload the police report with your complaint.

Message 2 of 7
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

We went and filed a ID theft report with our local PD when she first found the Inq, I submitted both the FTC ID theft report and our local PD report and submitted it with the CPFB fingers crossed they remove it!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
We went and filed a ID theft report with our local PD when she first found the Inq, I submitted both the FTC ID theft report and our local PD report and submitted it with the CPFB fingers crossed they remove it!

That will get the show rolling.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:

@Anonymous for you and I agree with @Anonymous.  I have used them and they are very effective....

Message 5 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear about this, please come back and update your thread.. Did your wife put a freeze AND a fraud alert on all her CRA?? I would. I know its a pain to deal with when you want to get credit in the future, but given it just happened, it could happen again.

Message 6 of 7
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Yeah we put a freeze and fraud alert with all three CRA, it's already becoming a pain to deal with! $100 in certified mail and our issue still isn't dealt with Smiley Sad!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.