Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT PET PEEVES

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CREDIT PET PEEVES

Pet Peeve: Online applications that won't let you use P.O. Box anywhere on Application

Just did a mini app spree--RedCard and Kohls. I got approved for both. $300 CL on Kohls, UNK on RedCard. My computer went haywire while Target was processing my request and completely shut down before it was complete. I rebooted and checked e-mail. I was approved and should get my card in 7-10 days. Except that 7-10 days will be more like 1-2 months. The problem is with both of these cards you cannot enter a PO Box for your address. What the heck are those of us with no mail service at our physical address supposed to do? I had the same problem when I applied for Cap1 in May...didn't get my card until Sept. because I had to first get my credit report, then call to get them to cancel the first card in case someone else had it, get them to reissue new card and change mailing address in their system so that everything would come to my PO Box, instead of being returned to sender as undeliverable or laying in the "dead-mail" warehouse. This is all because of the stupid unconstitutional Patriot Act! I can't even call these companies yet because I don't have my confirmation numbers due to my stupid computer going all haywire! I tried to check status on Target's site, but need a confirmation number, which they did not even put in their e-mail to me. Oh, well, I guess I'll just wait for them to show up on my CR and then call them to send the cards to me...it's time to hang out in the garden for awhile. Then my app spree continued because I had to apply for Care Credit so hubby can go to dentist-they do allow you to use PO Box on online app--got approved for $2000 I asked for so now hubby can get a root canal if he needs one). Anyone else have this problem with PO Box? If you have your own pet peeve about credit, please post it on this thread.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

Re: CREDIT PET PEEVES

I am in the same situation.  I do not get mail at my residential location (Except for FedEx/UPS).  My mailing address is a PO box in the next town over.  What you should do in any circumstance is, call immediately after you apply, and let them know that you have two addresses, one mailing and one domicile address. 

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 12
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Lol - are you my neighbor on the other side of the mountain???

I don't have a "physical" address either.  There's a 911 address (just a very recent thing), but no one has anything up to indicate any such address.  We really don't even have house numbers.   

UPS, Fed Ex, the Post Office - NONE of them will deliver!  

I share your frustration!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I have a 911 address that isn't recognized either...I have to have UPS and FedEx ship to my parents house then go pick them up. I once had to drive to the UPS distribution center to pickup a package because the sender used my PO Box to ship via UPS. I guess with no real addresses, we've slipped through the cracks!

Message 4 of 12
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

It is now possible if your primary address is a PO Box, to use the physical street address of the Post Office for your mailing address. Do NOT attempt to do anything illegal. . Also do not use this for legal documents like wills, stocks, divorce degrees, etc. However, you can have UPS and FED EX delivered to your local Post Office branch for pick up. At least you can where I reside.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 5 of 12
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

I have been using a PO Box for years. Even AMEX lets you put a PO Box for mailing address, but you have to have a physcial address due to Patriot Act. I have the actual cards sent to PO Box, no issue. I am lucky that my PO Box and physical address share the same zip code. I have found that if you have two address lines in the application, when I put the PO Box as the second line, then the Post Office always delivers the letter to the PO Box as default, even though there are two addresses on the letter, the key is same zip code. I have nothing ever come to my house, I have had to call CC and tell them that I travel for work and I can't have mail in my home mailbox as it is not secure, and that I have had mail stolen before as my home is right on the corner where middle school and high school kids catch the bus. if that helps..
About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 6 of 12
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I had this problem for years, no door to door delivery.  I moved about a year ago, it's so much nicer.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 12
jsucool76
Super Contributor

What kind of abode doesn't have a mailing address for USPS? I don't really get that Smiley Tongue 

I live in an apartment complex and we have a central mailbox thing (by the apartment office ) and each apartment has a tiny little mailbox and we get a key for it and it all goes it there Smiley Tongue 

Yes, I just used the word abode Smiley Tongue 

Message 8 of 12
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

The town I lived in before did not deliver mail to residences.  You had to physically go to the post office and get your mail from your PO box.  This created a problem when ordering things.  A lot of them would state, No PO Boxes.  Well, that was all I had.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 12
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Y'all from out in the boonies then, huh? xD 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.