cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can deleted incorrect info just get re added back?

tag
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Can deleted incorrect info just get re added back?

I found some errors on my credit report. Incorrect phone number and improper spelling of my employer. I assume this was reported by one of my creditors. Without knowing which creditor/creditors reported this info...will it just get put back on my report next time they report? Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Can deleted incorrect info just get re added back?

It is possible if those people report something again with the incorrect info. You would have to find out who it is somehow to keep it from happening again.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Marcos8 wrote:

I found some errors on my credit report. Incorrect phone number and improper spelling of my employer. I assume this was reported by one of my creditors. Without knowing which creditor/creditors reported this info...will it just get put back on my report next time they report? Thanks

Employers are not actively reported. The clerk who typed in the info at application or review time most likely made the spelling error. You can control maintain employers on your CR yourself with all the CRAs.

Message 3 of 8
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I received my updated TU report yesterday and the incorrect employer info was deleted. Hopefully it stays that way. 

I also received yesterday my EX report by mail ( couldn't verify me via ACR website so I called for the report), and the EX report also has the same incorrect phone number that my TU report had. Is EX like TU where I can just call and have the number deleted? Are phone number like employers where they are not actively reported? Thanks

Message 4 of 8
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

You can go directly to EX website and file the dispute. You don't have to go through ACR.
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 8
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Matter of fact, you can go directly to all of their individual sites and files disputes without having to go through ACR. You'll also be able to see your report for FREE...loophole/backdoor method but don't abuse it or they'll lock you out lol. Ooooopsss I hope I'm not threading lightly here lol
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with corrections. I just noticed today that some creditor reported the wrong address and phone number for me. Old ones. Looks like I will be correcting, too.

Message 7 of 8
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I intend to call EX directly. What is the likelihood that these corrections will be re added on EX after I ask for the corrections?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.