Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone advise about Instant Approval Credit cards

tag
senseidab
New Contributor

Can someone advise about Instant Approval Credit cards

Is there a score that will trigger an automatic approval? If yes, can anyone advise?
If you have for example a 670 score will they approve without further review?  Thank you
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

That wholly depends on the credit provider. All have thei...

That wholly depends on the credit provider. All have their own standards. FICO definitely counts, although there is rarely an "automatic" approval level. Any active collections or charge-offs are definitely a BIG minus.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

NWM is absolutely right.  What card are you applying for?...

NWM is absolutely right.  What card are you applying for? What's the rest of your credit look like? Depending on the issuer. a lot will take ascore below 680 those are considered near-prime.  Ifyou have a slew of 30 day lates or outrageous utilizaton draggingyour score down to that point, you may not be so lucky.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really depends on the company. I've been instantly app...

It really depends on the company. I've been instantly approved with a score of 543 (Target for the red card), with a 636 (for a prime card with a high limit), with a 602 (for a prime card, albeit with a low limit). In the latter two cases, it was more based on internal history with the company.

I'd say in general, 720+ with no major delinquencies (e.g. no public records, no collections, no chargeoffs, nothing ever 90+ days late) is likely to be instant.

Note that some banks don't do instant approvals. Chase has only a few cards with instant approval. Juniper doesn't usually do instant approval for second or subsequent cards.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.