Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone explain this to me please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone explain this to me please

Ok heres the thing i settled with the collection agency 2 years ago they left me alone. 2 years later they are harrasing me again saying no payment was ever made and are threatening to sue. My question is i pulled up my credit report and its saying my balance for this particular debt is $0? Below i have copied and pasted what i am trying to understand it says my high balance is 2000$and payment received was $2337.00 ? So do i owe? Why does my balance say $0??? Balance: $0
Date Updated: 02/28/2013 Payment Received: $2,337 Last Payment Made: 06/13/2015 High Balance: $2,000
Remarks: PURCHASED BY ANOTHER LENDER; TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER OFFICE Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 10/2019
Page 1 of 6
Pay Status: >Charged Off<
Terms: $0 per month, paid Monthly
for 60 months Date Closed: 02/28/2013
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Can someone explain this to me please

Welcome the MyFico forum!

1- Are you sure it's the same collection agency? Debts get sold & shuffled around, and if another collection agency bought it they might be aware it was paid.

2- Your credit report is a good indication that you paid it, but not considered "proof" - do a receipt or banking statement and hopefully check copy to prove that you paid it?

Message 2 of 3
vntrsc
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can someone explain this to me please

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok heres the thing i settled with the collection agency 2 years ago they left me alone. 2 years later they are harrasing me again saying no payment was ever made and are threatening to sue. My question is i pulled up my credit report and its saying my balance for this particular debt is $0? Below i have copied and pasted what i am trying to understand it says my high balance is 2000$and payment received was $2337.00 ? So do i owe? Why does my balance say $0??? Balance: $0
Date Updated: 02/28/2013 Payment Received: $2,337 Last Payment Made: 06/13/2015 High Balance: $2,000
Remarks: PURCHASED BY ANOTHER LENDER; TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER OFFICE Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 10/2019
Page 1 of 6
Pay Status: >Charged Off<
Terms: $0 per month, paid Monthly
for 60 months Date Closed: 02/28/2013

The reason it shows a zero balance is because it was “purchased by another lender.”   When the original creditor sold the account, it had to report a zero balance because it no longer owns the account.

Do you have anything in writing that shows the account was settled?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.