Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Credit Score Simulator

tag
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Cap 1 Credit Score Simulator

The Cap 1 Credit Score Simulator is my favorite way to check my credit scores and I enjoy their options for seeing what one's future scores may be based on certain actions.

Any thoughts or experience with how accurate it is?  I havent been using it long enough to  know myself.

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 Credit Score Simulator

I've never seen or heard of a simulator being accurate.  They are about like the fortune teller machines at a carnival.

Message 2 of 13
kxkxkxx
Regular Contributor

I like CapOne as a company...great credit card offers and I enjoy the checking and savings.

However, their credit score option is the worst I have ever seen. My FICO scores are in the high 700's...CapOne has listed it as 661 for 6 months...they dont know what they are doing in this arena.

Current FICO 8 Scores
EQ 759
TU 748
EX 744
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kxkxkxx wrote:

I like CapOne as a company...great credit card offers and I enjoy the checking and savings.

However, their credit score option is the worst I have ever seen. My FICO scores are in the high 700's...CapOne has listed it as 661 for 6 months...they dont know what they are doing in this arena.

That's because it's a VantageScore, which is not like FICO.  Different scoring algorythms.  The score for me is always 40-50 points higher than my FICO scores.  Like most (all) non-FICO free score monitors, they are most usefule for alerts to changes such as hard-pulls, new trade-lines, closed trade-lines, etc.  For scoring you need to see a FICO score since I'm not aware of any lenders using VantageScore for lending considerations.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA uses VantageScore in addition to FICO.

Amazingly my TU VS is 713 and my TU 08 is 712 right now but yes there is usually a huge disparity between the two of about 50 points. 

Message 5 of 13
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Cap1 FICO Simulator Accuracy

Does anyone have any experience with the accuracy of the Cap 1 Credit Score Simulator?

I have been playing with it for some short and long term estimations.

Short term it says I will be 770 Next month.

Long term is says 820 in 12 months.

Just windering if any of you fine folk have ever watched it close enough to know it it is hogwash or accurate or ball park enough to still be worth playing with.

Your's in eternity,

Lucifer

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 FICO Simulator Accuracy

It is as accurate as the mind-reader at any traveling carnival. Entertainment value only.
Message 7 of 13
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

The score given by CreditWise is a VantageScore and not a FICO. And no simulator does a good job.

Message 8 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

OP please do not cross post on the same subjects it can lead to confusion by the members and its not inline with our TOS. Thanks for your understanding on this.
Message 9 of 13
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:
OP please do not cross post on the same subjects it can lead to confusion by the members and its not inline with our TOS. Thanks for your understanding on this.

I'm not sure what I did wrong.   

I posted on one subject in one thread.

An education on my mistake would be helpful in avoiding such again in the future.

TIA.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.