Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitol one blues, Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capitol one blues, Help

Hi everyone. You guys are awesome with your knowledge on credit and fico issues.  In December of 2006 I received a credit limit of $3,000.00  then I received an increase  to $3500.00 in March. Now I read my statement reads only a credit limit of $2381.00 I called and they told me It was an error you were never suppose to receive $3000.00 just 1890.  they told me, we sent a letter to you in February explaning the error. I told them you sent me a statement in March explaining the increase. I never been late, never went over the credit limit and always paid more then the min amount due. . I have paperwork to support everything I am writing. any advice?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capitol one blues, Help

This is why CAP1 sucks! They actually hurt your credit. Escalate to a manager and try not to carry a balance.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capitol one blues, Help

kinwin wrote:
Hi everyone. You guys are awesome with your knowledge on credit and fico issues.  In December of 2006 I received a credit limit of $3,000.00  then I received an increase  to $3500.00 in March. Now I read my statement reads only a credit limit of $2381.00 I called and they told me It was an error you were never suppose to receive $3000.00 just 1890.  they told me, we sent a letter to you in February explaning the error. I told them you sent me a statement in March explaining the increase. I never been late, never went over the credit limit and always paid more then the min amount due. . I have paperwork to support everything I am writing. any advice?

Unfortunately a lender can lower your credit limit with or without notice.  Does that limit make you overlimit?  If not its probably not hurting you as C1 doesn't report limits anyway.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.