Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Advance limit

tag
dannydannyFICO
Established Member

Cash Advance limit

if i call in to my credit card company (e.g. Chase, AMEX, etc) and request that the Cash Advance limit be reduced to zero, does the credit limit increase by that same amount...or is it different across companies?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Cash Advance limit

Your cash advance limit is usually set as a portion of your total credit line. Some companies do a 100% cash advance availability but it is uncommon. But to answer your question it is not over and above your credit line. If you take a cash advance it will reduce your available cash advance and reduce your total credit available the same amount.

So if I have a $5,000 total credit line and a $2,000 cash advance credit line my total credit is $5,000 not $7,000. Reducing the cash advance to 0 would still leave the credit line at $5,000. If your account is in good standing you can always ask for a credit limit increase if that is your goal.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
sosabe77
Contributor

Re: Cash Advance limit

I wasn't aware that they could readjust the cash advance limit.  But that makes sense.

Top 3: Amex BCP 25k - Chase Sapphire 17.5k - PSECU 20K

Starting Score: 714
Current Score: 759
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.