Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited - Changes to Your Terms

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Unlimited - Changes to Your Terms

Awk Smiley Sad Just got the following changes to my Chase FU Visa in the mail today: Cash Advancce Apr going from 19.99% to 25.74%, Balance Transfer Fee from $5 or 3% to $5 or 5%, Cash Advance Transaction Fee from $10 or 3% to $10 or 5% and the Late Payment Fee and Return Payment Fee went up. Hmm ... what were we saying about the growing debt in the UK and US along with some banks seeing more consumer defaults.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited - Changes to Your Terms

@Anonymous wrote:

Awk Smiley Sad Just got the following changes to my Chase FU Visa in the mail today: Cash Advancce Apr going from 19.99% to 25.74%, Balance Transfer Fee from $5 or 3% to $5 or 5%, Cash Advance Transaction Fee from $10 or 3% to $10 or 5% and the Late Payment Fee and Return Payment Fee went up. Hmm ... what were we saying about the growing debt in the UK and US along with some banks seeing more consumer defaults.

This happened last year for my AARP card and another family members Slate card. Slate is supposed to be the BT card, they destroyed any notion of that with a 5% BT fee. LOL.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This happened last year for my AARP card and another family members Slate card. Slate is supposed to be the BT card, they destroyed any notion of that with a 5% BT fee. LOL.

gdale6 this is off Chase topic but follows your comment on the Chase Slate ... a few months back Barclays changed their Barclays Ring from an 8.75% Apr Card to 13.74% Apr or something close to that an offered a first time 15 month 0% Apr BT and after that the higher Apr rate. They shot that card dead. It offered no rewards per se so why would a person app for a no rewards card with no real benefits in today's market place? I got in before they raised the Apr (for now). Maybe the Simmons First at 7.75% Apr is looking better now. Guess I don't understand Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

gdale6 this is off Chase topic but follows your comment on the Chase Slate ... a few months back Barclays changed their Barclays Ring from an 8.75% Apr Card to 13.74% Apr or something close to that an offered a first time 15 month 0% Apr BT and after that the higher Apr rate. They shot that card dead. It offered no rewards per se so why would a person app for a no rewards card with no real benefits in today's market place? I got in before they raised the Apr (for now). Maybe the Simmons First at 7.75% Apr is looking better now. Guess I don't understand Smiley Happy

If you can qualify for Simmons First, and if you can get a usable line from them for such purposes (think both are kinda hard from what I recall).

I look to CU's for low rate CC's generally, though I'm not quite in the godlike rate tier for them currently which has kept me from applying... a little bummed that my EX FICO 2 dropped so precipitously after my 60D got whacked as Unify UW's on that score and they have solid rates last I checked.

        
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also received the changes from Chase.  I can't find it at the moment.  It is in my paperwork drawer somewhere.  I believe that it had a statement giving 30 days to contact thrm if I don't agree with the new terms.  I am curious.  What happens if I do write to let them know that I don't agree?  Do they laugh and close the account?   Sadly, I don't even know what the previous terms are.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

mimsof4 as I recall, they allow you to continue under the old terms and conditions until your card expires and then they close it out.
Message 6 of 7
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if it is across the board for chase FU...I am not sure if my terms have changed or not. I do not usually pay any attention to interest, BT, or cash advance terms as I PIF and never use any of those features. Now if any cards change rewards terms, that will make me take notice. I guess the recent news of increasing defaults is causing issuers to make it up somewhere. Could also be partially due to the federal reserve interest rates increasing also. I think it may be time for those of us with a high number of cards and high credit limits to lay low for a bit. If cardholders are not getting cards and CLI they do not need, they will probably be OK though. JMHO!

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.