Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase not reporting old credit card to TransUnion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase not reporting old credit card to TransUnion

Hi All,

First post - thank you all for your contributions to this forum. It's been a huge help.

I have an old Chase CC which I closed in 2010 and it's not reporting to TransUnion while is still on Equifax and Experian.

How can I get it to show up again? My other two scores are about 20 points higher because of this.

The card was paid as agreed and closed by me (stupidly).

Thanks,

Peter

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase not reporting old credit card to TransUnion

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

First post - thank you all for your contributions to this forum. It's been a huge help.

I have an old Chase CC which I closed in 2010 and it's not reporting to TransUnion while is still on Equifax and Experian.

How can I get it to show up again? My other two scores are about 20 points higher because of this.

The card was paid as agreed and closed by me (stupidly).

Thanks,

Peter

A closed account will report up to 10 years. Other reports will show same shortly.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. It's my oldest card by far. How can I prevent my fico score from taking a hit? Should I ask someone to add me as an authorized user on an old account they still have open? 

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Eventually since its past the 10 yr mark. The other CRA's may drop it also. Maybe not. Depends when they do updates. The accounts you’re an authorized user on will likely appear on your credit reports — most, but not all, credit card providers report account activity to an authorized user’s credit reports. Before you’re added as an authorized user, you may want the primary account holder to ask their credit card provider whether they report authorized user accounts to the three major credit bureaus.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.