cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase updates two, four-year-old BK write-off Visa cards?

tag
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Chase updates two, four-year-old BK write-off Visa cards?

Today I got an update from myFICO that said that Chase updated the two Visa cards I wrote off in my 2013 BK7.   The information is the same, shows 8/13 and zero balance.  Any ideas why they would do that now?  Will it affect my score since FICO is seeing this new update?   Are they just being jerks?

Thanks for any input.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase updates two, four-year-old BK write-off Visa cards?

This happened to me as well, with Target card and Macys card.  I received that update around 2013 (ch7 dc on 1/2010).

Was this your very first email?  I received a few and eventually they will go away.  I think that is normal.

Message 2 of 4
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

i remember it happened around one year post-discharge as well.   I think it impacted my score for a while but I honestly don't recall.  Right now I am shopping for a new car since my 2008 car is dying, so the timing sucks if it impacts my score.  Argh.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Are you saying that they filed an updated reporting that did not change any information, such as the balance?

FCRA 623(a)(2) mandates updated reporting only if previously reported information has changed, and thus the prior reporting has become inaccurate.

CRA policy instructs furnishers to discontinue regular updates unless required by some change in previously reported information.

In the posted scenario, if the BK was previously reported, then the "update" adds no new derogatory information, and would not impact scoring.

The exclusion of the Chpt 7 BK is governed only by the date of discharge, and is not extended by any later reporting on the debt.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.