Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking Credit Score

tag
lalaredd
Valued Member

Checking Credit Score

Iam just wondering, how often does everyone check their credit score? Ive been updating my report everyday since I have the equifax premier plan. Just feeling like a lil kid waiting for christmas......after submitting tons of GW letters.

:

Starting Score: 515 Jan. 28th 2011
Current Score: 670 Today EQ
746 Today TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 648
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Checking Credit Score

@lalaredd wrote:

Iam just wondering, how often does everyone check their credit score? Ive been updating my report everyday since I have the equifax premier plan. Just feeling like a lil kid waiting for christmas......after submitting tons of GW letters.

I went bat-wild back in the day, while I was working on mine. Often weekly, sometimes more often.

Now I just check my reports, because there's nothing much going on.

Unfortunately, it costs a small fortune to update FICO scores, and it's a waste of time to track changes in FAKO scores. So I just do the reports and ignore the FAKO scores.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
sgs10
Regular Contributor

I would say atleast every 3 - 6 months.

Message 3 of 6
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

I check it every day...I expect score changes once every couple weeks. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@visorboy1974 wrote:

You pull a FICO $core every DAY??  Smiley Surprised

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@visorboy1974 wrote:

You pull a FICO $core every DAY??  Smiley Surprised

probably not FICOs Smiley Wink

i used to check mine & my gf's every month.  but now it's pretty expensive, & with no discount codes, i had to cut way back.  it's about every 3 months now.

but i get the psecu EX every month, i just got the walmart card for the TU score, & i'm going to sign up with DCU for the EQ score as well.  then i will only have to pay for her scores.  eventually i will get her into psecu, & possibly DCU as well.  i don't think she'll want a walmart card, though Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.