Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChexSystems Report - SSN compromised

tag
FICOnoob2020
Valued Member

ChexSystems Report - SSN compromised

I recently requested a copy of my  ChexSystems report and received a letter asking to confirm my SSN, stating that it was also associated with a different person's name/account.

I sent in confirmation and received a reply that it had been disassociated with the other person's account information, but am wondering what steps I should take - if any - to look in to whether my identity might have been compromosed.

Does anyone have experience with this situation or have suggestions on what more to do?  I can find and post the exact wording of the letters if that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
FICOnoob2020
Valued Member

Re: ChexSystems Report - SSN compromised

Thanks for the link.  My credit reports are not frozen and no fraudulent activity has occurred on anything that would show up on (at least the main three) bureau reports.  I monitor my FICO and FAKO inputs regularly and nothing is amiss there.

The ChexSystems report does not contain any red flags, though it understates my "time at current residence" by a few months.  That itself does not seem to be anything to worry about.

I'm at a loss for what this could mean, and was hoping someone might know whether this is something to be concerned about or if it is just something like my name being spelled incorrectly on a deposit account.  I have very little experience with ChexSystem stuff.  There was a time when I would overdraft my checking account every once in a while, but not in the last few years, so I guess I was expecting something with a score and/or a list of derogatory events, etc.

I intended to request a copy of my AWS report but have not done so yet.  I think it needed to be mailed in or required some documentation that I did not immediately have available when I was requesting the ChexSystem info.

Anyway, I know this is a FICO forum but my situation seems at least tangentially relevant as it relates to personal financial data.  Any leads, clues, suggestions, or additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, myFICO people!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ChexSystems Report - SSN compromised

It sounds like you simply had a mixed file and they dissociated it. That happens from time to time. If you don’t see anything anywhere else you’re probably good just continue to monitor.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.