Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chexsystems?

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chexsystems?

Site seems sketchy, I don't need my report bad enough to enter my SS# for it out of curiosity (I have never had a check returned, don't know what else it contains?)

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Chexsystems report covers your bank accounts.  They list enquiries for opening new accounts, what checks you have been issued (not all check issuers do this), and then any negatives.  The negatives include if you have written a bad check, overdrawn your account (not sure how badly you need to do this to be listed), drawn funds on a closed account, failed to pay any money owing to the bank on time.  I have not come across any monitoring service which lists Chexsystems information, so the only way I know to check your report is to order it directly from them.

Message 12 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

Site seems sketchy, I don't need my report bad enough to enter my SS# for it out of curiosity (I have never had a check returned, don't know what else it contains?)

I can assue you they are not sketcy.  They are a legitmate CRA for the banking industry.  I don't give up my SSN to many, especially online.

If you have never wrote a bad check or had any issues with a bank account, like overdrafts etc, you probably aren't on there.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.