Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil Judgement - Please Go Away!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Civil Judgement - Please Go Away!!

I've been fighting to get this off my report for a while. EX had no problem removing it but TU said no twice. After finding out I was properly served and verifying the account related to this judgement, I finally decided to pay this off on 03/08 with a settlement offer letter for 50% of the total balance if PIF. After payment was made, I asked the rep to fax me a letter stating the account was settled and PIF and to have their attorneys or dept that can have this Judgement removed, possibly sign and send a Release of Judgement Letter to the court where the Public record was filed. She then asked for all the info related to the Judgement to be faxed to her including address, phone number, docket number, etc..I did just that. It didn't take long for me to receive the Letter stating that the account was settled and PIF> the letter was very professional with the Company Name, Address, City, State, and my account number. 3 business days later, I received the hard copy of the settlement agreement. 1 week later I asked about the status of the  Release of Judgement letter in which they said they were going to fill out and send to the courts. The rep said she has all the info. down and the Dept that handles these requests would take care of it but could be a long process. I kindly asked her if she could note on my account for the people who handles these requests to fax me the Release of Judgement letter if possible. She said to check back in 3 weeks.

Today (Another week later) I received another letter via fax reading this...

Company Name, will initiate the satisfaction and release of judgement referred to case no. in the amount of $$$$$$ entered in open court with the county of courthouse.

I’m kind of wondering if I should dispute the Public Record with the settlement letters that they faxed just to see if they can remove it anyway. I really doubt that they will remove it but maybe it's worth a try instead of waiting to see if they really do submit the Release of Judgement letter. Like the rep said it may take a long time but im kind of wondering if their just BS'ing..

I'll keep you a status on this soon but if anyone has any comments or recommendations let me know.

Thanks

Greg

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Civil Judgement - Please Go Away!!

If you're in a hurry you can dispute it at court yourself.  If not let them........  they can take up to 45 days to get it removed.  You DO have the agreement in writing so they SHOULD follow through........ hmmmm.  If you want more info on how to vacate the judgement yourself go to creditinfocenter.com.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.