Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Account

This morning I had a conversation with a collection agency.  They were asking for a payment that could post for the month of July.  I had asked for the balance of the account and I was quoted $2,200, I pulled my credit report and shown only a balance of $1890.  I asked that if I paid the their full balance that they would remove it from the credit bureau.  I was told no they could not because it was reported fairly.  My question is what should be my next move.

Thank you guys and gals for all you insight
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection Account

dwash wrote:
This morning I had a conversation with a collection agency.  They were asking for a payment that could post for the month of July.  I had asked for the balance of the account and I was quoted $2,200, I pulled my credit report and shown only a balance of $1890.  I asked that if I paid the their full balance that they would remove it from the credit bureau.  I was told no they could not because it was reported fairly.  My question is what should be my next move.

Thank you guys and gals for all you insight

PFD and be persistent!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Account

Call again and offer to pay in full if they will delete the account from all three CRAs... If they do not agree, don't pay - and follow up with a letter stating that it is your intention to PIF this account if they will agree to remove it from all three CRAs.

The process sounds VERY redundant, and it is... But it pays to be patient and committed to the resolution which at the end of the day involves the CA removing the TL.

Stick to your guns. You'd be surprised how well perseverance will take you. Smiley Wink

Rob
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.